Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Linux shell to python

Re: Linux shell to python

Dennis Lee Bieber

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:56:48 +0000, Dan Stromberg <(E-Mail Removed)>

> Sigh, and I'm also not keen on multi-line list comprehensions, specifically
> because I think they tend to make less readable code. It also becomes a
> mess when you need to insert print statements to get some visibility into
> what's going on.

Cleanly splitting the list-comp by

[ result-computation
for-item-selection-clause
if-filter-clause ]

isn't that unreadable... But anyone doing

[ result-
-computation for-item-
-selection-clause if-
-filter-
-clause ]

should be pecked to death by a dead parrot.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN