Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Linux shell to python

Re: Linux shell to python

Emile van Sebille

On 7/30/2012 3:56 PM Dan Stromberg said...

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Barry Scott <(E-Mail Removed)

> And of course you can write list comprehensions on as many lines as
> it take to make the code maintainable.
>
> Sigh, and I'm also not keen on multi-line list comprehensions,
> specifically because I think they tend to make less readable code. It
> also becomes a mess when you need to insert print statements to get some
> visibility into what's going on.

I tend to write long one-liners then convert them to loops the first
time I need to see what's going on.

Premature optimization otherwise.

Emile