Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Caching a Datalist control

Caching a Datalist control

Kyong Kwak

Hey all,

wanted to know if I can cache an entire control.. this is what I have..

Webform has header, nav, footer, and Usercontrol_1. Usercontrol_1 has a
datalist and paging items ( prev, current page, next ).

I wanted to output cache for each "page" of the datalist, but I can't
seem to get it to work ( any suggestions? ). It would only cache at the
usercontrol level. so I'd get the header, nav, foot, and Usercontrol_1
but not page two of Usercontrol_1.

I want to know how I can cache multiple instances of the Usercontrol_1
for each page.

In the meanwhile I tried caching the DataList object, but when I get it
from the cache, the DataListItems don't render! any thoughts?

thanks!

p.s. I put the DataList in the cache after the .DataBind() call.

kyong