Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > innerWidth

innerWidth

Tim Streater

I have a frame, part of a frameset, whose width I would like to set and
by doing so alter the overall window width too. The user may also do
this by hand.

I have the impression that, as long as I do *not* adjust the frame's
innerWidth, then reading the frame's innerWidth later gives me a value
that reflects the frame's actual width. So if the user manually makes
the frame narrower, I would get a smaller innerWidth value.

However, if I use JavaScript to set the innerWidth to some value (X,
say), thereby making the frame narrower, then X is always what I'll get
back when reading innerWidth, even if the user manually resizes the
frame, making it wider or narrower.

Is this expected behaviour for innerWidth? Would I be better off using
resizeTo() instead?

Thanks,

--
Tim

Allodoxaphobia

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:15:46 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

> Would I be better off using resizeTo() instead?

Dunno. You'd be "better off" posting to a javascript ng.

Tim Streater

In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>,
Allodoxaphobia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:15:46 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:
>
> > Would I be better off using resizeTo() instead?

> Dunno. You'd be "better off" posting to a javascript ng.

Why. innerWidth is part of the DOM, ISTM.

--
Tim