Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > system.web.mail.StmpMail problem

system.web.mail.StmpMail problem

Dave Johnston

Hey,

I'm trying to get SmtpMail to work. Problem is, each time I call
SmtpMail.Send(msg) it throws this exception:

The specified module could not be found.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified
module could not be found.

I've checked InnerException, but it's always null.

This is on ASP.NET 1.1 running on XP Pro SP2. CDO is installed.

The MailMessage object is properly-formed, and the SmtpServer I set
works too (I've tried several, including creating my own on localhost,
but the error never disappears).

Any ideas?

Juan T. Llibre

Could you post the complete code
which produces the error you get ?

Please substitute any sensitive information
in the code before posting it.

Thanks!

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========
"Dave Johnston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41eed716$0$14562$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to get SmtpMail to work. Problem is, each time I call
> SmtpMail.Send(msg) it throws this exception:
>
> The specified module could not be found.
>
> Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module
> could not be found.
>
> I've checked InnerException, but it's always null.
>
> This is on ASP.NET 1.1 running on XP Pro SP2. CDO is installed.
>
> The MailMessage object is properly-formed, and the SmtpServer I set works
> too (I've tried several, including creating my own on localhost, but the
> error never disappears).
>
> Any ideas?

Dave Johnston

Sure, I've replaced the 'xxxxxxx' fields, obviously

MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();
msg.To = "xxxxx@xxxxxx";
msg.From = "xxxxx@xxxxxx";
msg.Subject = "Account Statement for " + u.Username;
msg.Body = "test";
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "xxxxxxxx";
try {
SmtpMail.Send(msg);