Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Is Python a commercial proposition ?

Re: Is Python a commercial proposition ?

Stefan Behnel

Tim Chase, 29.07.2012 20:28:
> On 07/29/12 12:13, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
>> - Operating system installer: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda
>> - Software repository management: http://pulpproject.org/
>> - Software package installation:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Software_Center
>> - Cloud computing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStack

> I'll include both the Bazaar and Mercurial DVCS tools which are
> mostly Python (I understand some inner loops drop to C, but both
> have the option to fall back to a pure Python implementation).

I find it perfectly reasonable to use C code (and other kinds of low-level
code) in Python tools and applications. In fact, easy interfacing with
low-level code is one of (C)Python's major selling points.

Stefan