Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: [ANN] Zeus - HTML Editor for Windows

Re: [ANN] Zeus - HTML Editor for Windows

jussij@zeusedit.com

On Monday, July 23, 2012 11:24:26 PM UTC-7, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> This is useful in a sense, since it lets us see, without spending time
> in testing the software, that it does not help to write correct HTML.

I don't claim to be a HTML developer. I'm a programmer who has created a programmer's text editor.

Now HTML in it's rawest form is plain text and Zeus is an editor good and manipulating text. Also I think with the latest set of changes to Zeus makes it work well as a HTML non-WYSIWYG editor.

But that is only my opinion. As to whether Zeus works for HTML editing, I will leave that to those who know HTML better than me.

But in the link to the video that I posted I tried to highlight the Zeus features that might make writting HTML quicker and easier.

> In fact, on your site, it is not advertized as HTML Editor but as
> "Programmer's Editor"

Zeus is a language neutral programmers text editor and as such it works for many different programming languages:

http://www.zeusedit.com/language.html

As you can see from the link above Zeus supports many languages including HTML.

Cheers Jussi
Author: Zeus Editor

Jukka K. Korpela

2012-07-24 12:38, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I don't claim to be a HTML developer.

Nobody said you did; but you advertised your software as "HTML Editor".

> Now HTML in it's rawest form is plain text

Thank you for the additional hint.

(By definition, HTML - at least in serialized format - is text but not
plain text.)

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/