Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon mirrorless EOS-M specs

Reply
Thread Tools

Canon mirrorless EOS-M specs

 
 
Wolfgang Weisselberg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2012
Alfred Molon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...


>> The 4/3 system makes too many compromises in terms of functionality and
>> image quality at the expense of size. The reason that it hasn't done
>> well is that so few people have been willing to accept those
>> compromises.


> It's selling very well


Many things are selling well that are far from perfect.

> and is at the moment the most complete mirrorless
> system for what concerns the lenses. No other system comes even close.


EF-M can use every EF and EF-S lens. That includes aperture
and autofocus. Do you think micro-4/3rds to be more complete
than the EF system alone?

-Wolfgang
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2012
On 31/07/2012 18:05, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
> Alfred Molon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[]
>> and is at the moment the most complete mirrorless
>> system for what concerns the lenses. No other system comes even close.

>
> EF-M can use every EF and EF-S lens. That includes aperture
> and autofocus. Do you think micro-4/3rds to be more complete
> than the EF system alone?
>
> -Wolfgang


Yes, the Canon system has more lenses, but they are bulkier and heavier
than lenses optimised for micro-4/3, and lose out on the benefits of the
mirrorless body. If you are going for multiple Canon lenses you might
just as well use a more functional DSLR as the back-end rather than the
present, rather limited, EOS-M.
--
Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wolfgang Weisselberg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-05-2012
David Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 31/07/2012 18:05, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
>> Alfred Molon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> []
>>> and is at the moment the most complete mirrorless
>>> system for what concerns the lenses. No other system comes even close.


>> EF-M can use every EF and EF-S lens. That includes aperture
>> and autofocus. Do you think micro-4/3rds to be more complete
>> than the EF system alone?


> Yes, the Canon system has more lenses, but they are bulkier and heavier
> than lenses optimised for micro-4/3,


True, but that doesn't make the EF-M system not complete.

> and lose out on the benefits of the
> mirrorless body. If you are going for multiple Canon lenses you might
> just as well use a more functional DSLR as the back-end rather than the
> present, rather limited, EOS-M.


That very much depends on what your usecase is. Sure, *my*
usecase doesn't have an EOS M in it.

-Wolfgang
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canon mirrorless let-down (maybe) RichA Digital Photography 27 07-28-2012 09:52 PM
Canon, Nikon mirrorless = Disney and FOX on DVD RichA Digital Photography 9 09-15-2011 04:57 PM
Canon; Only loser companies need compact mirrorless RichA Digital Photography 1 03-21-2011 11:25 PM
New Canon EIS mirrorless system - Four Thirds, but not Four Thirds! Bruce Digital Photography 31 09-25-2010 05:38 AM
Canon and Nikon mirrorless remind me of FOX and Disney at theinception of DVD RichA Digital Photography 2 09-08-2010 01:13 PM



Advertisments