Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: ANN: dbf.py 0.94

Re: ANN: dbf.py 0.94

Simon Cropper

On 21/07/12 09:59, Ethan Furman wrote:
> Getting closer to a stable release.
>
> Latest version has a simpler, cleaner API, and works on PyPy (and
> hopefully the other implementations as well , as well as CPython.
>
> Get your copy at http://python.org/pypi/dbf.
>
> Bug reports, comments, and kudos welcome!
>
> ~Ethan~

Question 1 - What version of VFP will dbf work with? Is VFP9 OK?

Question 2 - You statement of compatibility is unclear.

Works with PyPy, OK.

Hopefully works with other implementations, Hm, what does this mean?

Works or hopefully works with CPython -- which is it?

--
Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides
Introduction http://www.fossworkflowguides.com
GIS Packages http://www.fossworkflowguides.com/gis
bash / Python http://www.fossworkflowguides.com/scripting

Steven D'Aprano

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 13:30:40 +1000, Simon Cropper wrote:

> Works with PyPy, OK.
>
> Hopefully works with other implementations, Hm, what does this mean?

I guess that Ethan means that his library definitely works with PyPy and
CPython, because he has tested it on those, and that he expects that it
will work with Stackless, Jython, IronPython, and any other compliant
Python interpreter, but hasn't tested on them.

> Works or hopefully works with CPython -- which is it?

I agree that the sentence is unclear, but my reading of it is that it
works on CPython.

--
Steven