Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: best way to handle this in Python

Re: best way to handle this in Python

Dave Angel

On 07/19/2012 07:51 PM, Rita wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have data in many files (/data/year/month/day/) which are named like
> YearMonthDayHourMinute.gz.
>
> I would like to build a data structure which can easily handle querying the
> data. So for example, if I want to query data from 3 weeks ago till today,
> i can do it rather quickly.
>
> each YearMonthDayHourMinute.gz file look like this and they are about 4to
> 6kb
> red 34
> green 44
> blue 88
> orange 4
> black 3
> while 153
>
> I would like to query them so I can generate a plot rather quickly but not
> sure what is the best way to do this.

What part of your code is giving you difficulty? You didn't post any
code. You don't specify the OS, nor version of your Python, nor what
other programs you expect to use along with Python.

--

DaveA