Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Using getSelectedValuesList() instead of the deprecated getSelectedValues()

Using getSelectedValuesList() instead of the deprecated getSelectedValues()

Daniele Futtorovic

On 18/07/2012 23:53, Martin Gregorie allegedly wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 23:36:28 +0200, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
>> On 18/07/2012 23:33, Martin Gregorie allegedly wrote:
>>> BAAFNRAA = Bugs Anywhere, Anytime For No Reason At All.

>> Rubbish. There's always a reason for bugs.
>>
>> /readies excuse calendar/ Try me.

> Even if the 'reason' is "We don't believe in regression testing"?

Hmm. I was thinking more along the lines of solar flares, alignment of
planets, the bus having a flat tire or the NIC having run out of bits.

I think one should generally avoid faith-based bug-reasoning. Too easy
to attack; not peremptory enough. Amateurish, in a nutshell. /waves
disdainfully/

--
DF.

markspace

On 7/18/2012 3:12 PM, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:

> ... or the NIC having run out of bits.

I once lost my token ring, but I found it later caught in the ethernet.

Daniel Pitts

On 7/18/12 3:53 PM, markspace wrote:
> On 7/18/2012 3:12 PM, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
>>
>> ... or the NIC having run out of bits.

> I once lost my token ring, but I found it later caught in the ethernet.

I once lost my Tolkien ring, but I found it later on some nasty hobbitses.

Martin Gregorie

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:12:10 +0200, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:

> On 18/07/2012 23:53, Martin Gregorie allegedly wrote:
>>>
>>> Rubbish. There's always a reason for bugs.
>>>
>>> /readies excuse calendar/ Try me.

>> Even if the 'reason' is "We don't believe in regression testing"?

> Hmm. I was thinking more along the lines of solar flares, alignment of
> planets, the bus having a flat tire or the NIC having run out of bits.
>
> I think one should generally avoid faith-based bug-reasoning. Too easy
> to attack; not peremptory enough. Amateurish, in a nutshell. /waves
> disdainfully/

If you must know, I couldn't resist misquoting some Frank Zappa initial
slang: AAFNRAA (Anything Anytime For No Reason At All).

This is equivalent, roughly, to the statement that anything is art if you
put a frame round it.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Gene Wirchenko

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:18:38 -0700, Daniel Pitts
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 7/18/12 3:53 PM, markspace wrote:
>> On 7/18/2012 3:12 PM, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
>>>
>>> ... or the NIC having run out of bits.

>> I once lost my token ring, but I found it later caught in the ethernet.

>I once lost my Tolkien ring, but I found it later on some nasty hobbitses.

The reinstall failed though.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko