Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Candid "street" can be pretty

Candid "street" can be pretty

tony cooper

It's the dog that interested me. Really.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photog...7-14-68-XL.jpg

Shot earlier today.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

snapper@mailinator.com

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:49:06 -0400, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It's the dog that interested me. Really.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photog...7-14-68-XL.jpg
>
> Shot earlier today.

What dog?

Robert Coe

:
: http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photog...7-14-68-XL.jpg
:
: Shot earlier today.

Never mind the dog. What I don't get is what interested the girl, to justify
that look. My best guess is that your 20-year-old grandson was along taking
pictures with you.

Bob

Paul Ciszek

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 2012-07-14 22:49 , tony cooper wrote:
>> It's the dog that interested me. Really.
>>

>http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photog...7-14-68-XL.jpg
>>
>> Shot earlier today.

>Nice face and coy expression on the girl.

Actually, she looks too much like a model in appearance, makeup, pose,
and expression for this shot to look like a "candid" to me, even if it
really is one.

--
Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor
| remain, separate." --Ronald Reagan, 10/26/1984

tony cooper

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:27:45 +0000 (UTC), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Paul
Ciszek) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On 2012-07-14 22:49 , tony cooper wrote:
>>> It's the dog that interested me. Really.
>>>

>>http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photog...7-14-68-XL.jpg
>>>
>>> Shot earlier today.

>>Nice face and coy expression on the girl.

>Actually, she looks too much like a model in appearance, makeup, pose,
>and expression for this shot to look like a "candid" to me, even if it
>really is one.

Actually, she appeared to be just a regular teenager. A pretty one,
but just a teenager with her parents. I noticed her, and the dog, in
the crowd. Also, there was a reason for the dog's get-up. The photo
was taken at a street party fête in honor of Bastille Day (July 14th)
hosted by a French restaurant and some other businesses in the Audubon
Park neighborhood in Orlando.

As part of the program, there was a contest of sorts for the Best
Dressed Dog. I left before the contest started, so I don't know how
this dog scored. Nor did I stay for the other event: fencing with
long loaves of French bread.

The girl did not pose. She wasn't aware I was photographing her.
Just a lucky shot for me in catching that expression. One of the joys
of candid photography is occasionally catching a grab shot exactly
right.

Here's another entry in the dog costume event:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2012-07-14-90.jpg
I doubt if you'll wonder if this dog's owner is a model.

I didn't read the rules of the dog costume event, they must have been
pretty loose since these appear to be two other entries:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2012-07-14-97.jpg

--

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:23:58 -0400, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:49:06 -0400, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>: It's the dog that interested me. Really.
>:
>: http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photog...7-14-68-XL.jpg
>:
>: Shot earlier today.
>
>Never mind the dog. What I don't get is what interested the girl, to justify
>that look. My best guess is that your 20-year-old grandson was along taking
>pictures with you.

My two grandsons, who were not with me, are aged 8 and 9; too young to
appreciate her...but give them time.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 7/15/2012 2:36 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:27:45 +0000 (UTC), (E-Mail Removed) (Paul
> Ciszek) wrote:
>

>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>

>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photog...7-14-68-XL.jpg

>>> Nice face and coy expression on the girl.

>> Actually, she looks too much like a model in appearance, makeup, pose,
>> and expression for this shot to look like a "candid" to me, even if it
>> really is one.

> Actually, she appeared to be just a regular teenager. A pretty one,
> but just a teenager with her parents. I noticed her, and the dog, in
> the crowd. Also, there was a reason for the dog's get-up. The photo
> was taken at a street party fête in honor of Bastille Day (July 14th)
> hosted by a French restaurant and some other businesses in the Audubon
> Park neighborhood in Orlando.
>
> As part of the program, there was a contest of sorts for the Best
> Dressed Dog. I left before the contest started, so I don't know how
> this dog scored. Nor did I stay for the other event: fencing with
> long loaves of French bread.
>
> The girl did not pose. She wasn't aware I was photographing her.
> Just a lucky shot for me in catching that expression. One of the joys
> of candid photography is occasionally catching a grab shot exactly
> right.
>
> Here's another entry in the dog costume event:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2012-07-14-90.jpg
> I doubt if you'll wonder if this dog's owner is a model.

Models do before and after.

On 7/14/2012 10:49 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> It's the dog that interested me. Really.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photog...7-14-68-XL.jpg
>
> Shot earlier today.

You really caught a neat expression.
Shame her hair highlights are about a 3/4 stop too bright.

--
Peter