Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > from octave to python

from octave to python

invis

Hello everyone !

I used Octave for matrix computations, but looks like Python will be useful everywhere so it is good idea to migrate (imho ofc).

But I am novice here and dont know how to get things that was easy in Octave, for example:
[intersect iA iB] = intersect(a, b)

To do this in Python I use numpy.intersect1d(numpy.array, numpy.array), but how to get indexces ?

P.S. sry for my english, hope you can understand what I mean

invis

суббота, 14 июля 2012*г., 15:27:24 UTC+4 пользователь invis написал:
> Hello everyone !
>
> I used Octave for matrix computations, but looks like Python will be useful everywhere so it is good idea to migrate (imho ofc).
>
> But I am novice here and dont know how to get things that was easy in Octave, for example:
> [intersect iA iB] = intersect(a, b)
>
> To do this in Python I use numpy.intersect1d(numpy.array, numpy.array), but how to get indexces ?
>
> P.S. sry for my english, hope you can understand what I mean

Answer here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...es-numpy-array