Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > building libmocha and RBGui

Reply
Thread Tools

building libmocha and RBGui

 
 
ahso47@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2012
Hi
trying to compile old 0.5 hydrax editor sources. Downloaded the dependencies tar from: http://rbgui.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rbgui/
Now how to build in Linux/Eclipse? If I simply include the headers include path in hydrax I get:
/home/ahso/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/DataSection.h:32:29: fatal error: Mocha/Rectangle.h: No such file or directory
etc.
Many thanks
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2012
On 7/13/2012 4:38 AM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> trying to compile old 0.5 hydrax editor sources. Downloaded the
> dependencies tar from:
> http://rbgui.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rbgui/ Now how to build in
> Linux/Eclipse? If I simply include the headers include path in hydrax
> I get:
> /home/ahso/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/DataSection.h:32:29:
> fatal error: Mocha/Rectangle.h: No such file or directory etc.


"No such file" usually happens when the compiler can't find the file,
which means that your 'include' environment variable has not been set up
properly (on Linux/Unix/DOS/Windows and derived OSes). However, *how to
set up* your compile environment is *off-topic* in this newsgroup - we
discuss the C++ language, not specific tools. Please consider posting
to the newsgroup that deals with your OS.

V
--
I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ahso47@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2012
Yes added those includes, but now it might be more c++ relevant:

/home/michael/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/Stream.h:65:3: error: 'WriteStream' was not declared in this scope

I made a new Eclipse project for hydraxeditor and only added the include directory of rbgui in Eclipse. What could I miss?

See also here:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/367474/

Thanks again


 
Reply With Quote
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2012
On 7/13/2012 12:22 PM, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Yes added those includes, but now it might be more c++ relevant:
>
> /home/michael/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/Stream.h:65:3:
> error: 'WriteStream' was not declared in this scope
>
> I made a new Eclipse project for hydraxeditor and only added the
> include directory of rbgui in Eclipse. What could I miss?


Some other directory, perhaps...

> See also here:
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/367474/


I don't know what 'RBGui' is or how reliable their code might be.
Perhaps you need to include some other header before including their
'Stream.h' (if you're just including their 'Stream.h', that is). In any
case, consider reading the FAQ 5.8.

V
--
I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


 
Reply With Quote
 
ahso47@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2012
Anyone could download rbgui from 1st post, do simply a "scons" on linux and tell me what to install?
I'm stuck with that...it compiles on Windows but I need that on Linux.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Rui Maciel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2012
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Anyone could download rbgui from 1st post, do simply a "scons" on linux
> and tell me what to install? I'm stuck with that...it compiles on Windows
> but I need that on Linux.


Why aren't you asking that to the people who developed the software?


Rui Maciel
 
Reply With Quote
 
ahso47@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2012
I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even mention to only give commercial support for Windows.
 
Reply With Quote
 
red floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-16-2012
On 7/14/2012 7:19 AM, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even
> mention to only give commercial support for Windows.
>

I wanted help with my car, but my mechanic was out. Since my butcher
uses a truck, I figured I'd ask him.

Dude, please see FAQ 5.8. You're OT here.



 
Reply With Quote
 
jacob navia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-16-2012
Le 14/07/12 16:19, (E-Mail Removed) a écrit :
> I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even mention to only give commercial support for Windows.
>


There is an EASY solution then:

PAY THEM for their work. Why should they work for you for free?
Why should the people in this group work for free?

Do YOU work for free?

Ahh, you see?

They don't either.

jacob


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jorgen Grahn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-16-2012
On Mon, 2012-07-16, jacob navia wrote:
> Le 14/07/12 16:19, (E-Mail Removed) a écrit :
>> I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even
>> mention to only give commercial support for Windows.


> There is an EASY solution then:
>
> PAY THEM for their work. Why should they work for you for free?
> Why should the people in this group work for free?
>
> Do YOU work for free?
>
> Ahh, you see?
>
> They don't either.


Put a bit differently: there are things people here gladly help with
for free:
- stuff they know well
- stuff they find fun and challenging
- stuff they have a personal special interest in

The OP's problem fits none of those categories: it appears to be a
boring build problem in an obscure, badly supported and (I suspect)
rarely used piece of software.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Link Building Services| Link Building Company|Webs abrahim Java 0 12-27-2009 02:31 PM
Connecting Wireless Network from Building to Building Jim Wireless Networking 5 10-05-2007 03:54 PM
Firefighters at the site of WTC7 "Move away the building is going to blow up, get back the building is going to blow up." Midex Python 24 05-07-2007 04:23 AM
Wireless building-to-building 101 Tim Jacob Wireless Networking 2 02-17-2006 09:46 AM
Building to Building wireless Patriot Cisco 2 11-04-2003 05:07 PM



Advertisments