Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Parent-Child dlls reference same static library

Parent-Child dlls reference same static library

Kodiak

I have two dlls where one dll references the other dll. There is a
parent child relationship between both of the dlls. Both include the
same static libraries in both projects. The problem I am having is
when I try to access a child method in the child dll from a parent
method in the parent dll I receive an error saying "Unable to load DLL
'C:\TC9\bin\TEST.dll': The specified procedure could not be found". I
have been scratching my head all day trying to figure out why this
isn't working. I know all the required dlls are in the correct place,
plus I have used Dependency Walker to verify no dlls are missing. My
only thought to the problem is that both dlls cannot reference the
same static library. If anyone can help shed some light on my problem
I would really appreciate it?

Joe Pfeiffer

Kodiak <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I have two dlls where one dll references the other dll. There is a
> parent child relationship between both of the dlls. Both include the
> same static libraries in both projects. The problem I am having is
> when I try to access a child method in the child dll from a parent
> method in the parent dll I receive an error saying "Unable to load DLL
> 'C:\TC9\bin\TEST.dll': The specified procedure could not be found". I
> have been scratching my head all day trying to figure out why this
> isn't working. I know all the required dlls are in the correct place,
> plus I have used Dependency Walker to verify no dlls are missing. My
> only thought to the problem is that both dlls cannot reference the
> same static library. If anyone can help shed some light on my problem
> I would really appreciate it?

You're going to have a lot better luck if you ask your question in a
Windows development group.

jacob navia

Le 12/07/12 05:42, Kodiak a écrit :
> The problem I am having is
> when I try to access a child method in the child dll from a parent
> method in the parent dll I receive an error saying "Unable to load DLL
> 'C:\TC9\bin\TEST.dll': The specified procedure could not be found".

1) Are bothdlls compiled with the same C++ compiler? If not, that will
never work.

2) Did you export the names of the procedure you want to use with
"extern C" ???
If not, the procedure s there but mangled by the C++ scoping rules
and can't be used.

Malcolm McLean

The way to get to the root these problems is to try to create a minimal example
that replicates the issue.
If you create two dlls, each with one function that calls the other, do you still
get the problem? If not then mutual dependency is supported, and it must be
something else, eg C++ style name mangling.

--
Vist my website. New halftoning routines.
http://www.malcolmmclean.site11.com/www