Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Client file downloading........

Client file downloading........

RC

Is it possible to response file from an aspx page to a particular path of
client PC without any prompt dialog?

Thanks

Eliyahu Goldin

No, imaging security nightmare it would've caused had it been possible. An
html page has no access to client file system. You can do it with an ActiveX
control though.

Eliyahu

"RC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O9Jq9Ig$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to response file from an aspx page to a particular path of
> client PC without any prompt dialog?
>
> Thanks

RC

o. thanks.
But can you redirect me to some sample page for doing that?

Thank you

news:%23$qgjVg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, imaging security nightmare it would've caused had it been possible. An
> html page has no access to client file system. You can do it with an

ActiveX
> control though.
>
> Eliyahu
>
> "RC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O9Jq9Ig$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is it possible to response file from an aspx page to a particular path

of
> > client PC without any prompt dialog?
> >
> > Thanks

Eliyahu Goldin

I have one reference to a pre-written Active-X:
http://www.infomentum.com/activefile/

Google for more references and info.

Eliyahu

news:udG0dgg$(E-Mail Removed)...