Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SONY RX-100

SONY RX-100

I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?

RichA

On Jul 9, 7:10*pm, x <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?

P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.

tony cooper

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Jul 9, 7:10*pm, x <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
>> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
>> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?

>P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.

Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.

Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
be handy.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
>>> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
>>> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?

>> P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.

> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
>
> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
> be handy.

I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:03:54 -0400, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.

>> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
>> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
>> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
>> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
>>
>> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
>> be handy.
>>

>I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
>Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.

My phone (a cheapie) doesn't take good pix.
--

On 7/10/2012 8:42 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:03:54 -0400, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:

>>> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
>>> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
>>> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
>>> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
>>>
>>> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
>>> be handy.
>>>

>> I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
>> Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.

> My phone (a cheapie) doesn't take good pix.

I maintain that Tony Cooper takes good pix. Recently one of our club
members entered an iPhone image in competition. It scored an 8, with 9
being the best possible score.

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:53:16 -0400, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 7/10/2012 8:42 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:03:54 -0400, PeterN
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
>>> Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.

>> My phone (a cheapie) doesn't take good pix.
>>

>I maintain that Tony Cooper takes good pix. Recently one of our club
>members entered an iPhone image in competition. It scored an 8, with 9
>being the best possible score.

I'm not playing at being modest. I do think I can sometimes take a
good photo. More importantly, I can sometimes *see* a good photo
scene. What you do after seeing a good photo is largely a matter of
mechanics. My cheapie phone doesn't have the mechanical ability to
follow through on what I see.

I know that some phones can take excellent photos. Not mine, though.

I didn't buy it for that, though. I don't even have a mini SD card
for it, and no internet connectivity.
--

On 10-Jul-12 10:55, tony cooper wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
>>> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
>>> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?

>> P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.

> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
>
> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
> be handy.

WELL SAID!

As usual, RichA has no clue to what he is talking about. Meanwhile great
shooters like yourself understand how good a camera with these features
can be to have around.

Chris Malcolm

tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:03:54 -0400, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:

>>> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
>>> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
>>> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
>>> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
>>>
>>> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
>>> be handy.
>>>

>>I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
>>Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.

> My phone (a cheapie) doesn't take good pix.

What annoys me about mine isn't the poor quality, which is good enough
for copying a page from a book or newspaper, but the fiddle time. It's
not a convenient shape for a camera, so it's awkward to hold, and even
more awkward to try holding it steady. Then activating and controlling
the camera requires poking the touch screen menus, icons, etc., more
knocking it around. And it's not unusual that the first shot looks a
bit off so I'll try again more carefully.

All of which ends up taking longer than extracting the DSLR from its
bag and pointing and shooting immediately and carelessly. That doesn't
get a good image in DSLR terms, but it's still SO much better than the
phone can manage! So I've stopped using the phone even for casual
documentary snaps if I happen to have the DSLR with me. Which I
usually do.

The one advantage of the phone's photos is that I can instantly send
them to someone, e.g. a photo of where I am to someone who is looking
for me. Well, that would be an advantage if more of my pensioner
contemporaries knew how to find and look at the image on their
phone. That's the kind of new-fangled stuff they have to hand the
phone to a child to do for them. But none of my aged relatives or their
grown up children have problems with using their phones, computers,
etc, which suggests a possible genetic factor.

The geek factor

--
Chris Malcolm