Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Geotags - examples

Re: Geotags - examples

otter

On Jul 5, 4:38*pm, SI Committee <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> As it turns out one of our shooters has been quietly geotagging some of
> his SI photos for quite some time. *With that, the inauguration of the
> Shootin Geo Tag page has retroactively begun.
>
> http://www.panoramio.com/user/7024030
>
> --
> The Committee
> Submit photos to: *shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com

Do you accept general submissions for Panoramio, or do they have to be
from submissions to a SI?

gpsman

On Jul 6, 4:47*pm, SI Committee <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-06 02:04 , otter wrote:
>
> > Do you accept general submissions for Panoramio, or do they have to be
> > from submissions to a SI?

> For that we suggest you set up your own Panoramio.
>
> To do that, if you haven't already done so, set up a gmail account.

Panoramio does not require a gmail account.
-----

- gpsman

gpsman

On Jul 7, 10:52*am, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-06 23:29 , gpsman wrote:
>
> > Panoramio does not require a gmail account.

> True enough. *But for most people that would be the more convenient way
> to use it.

How does a gmail account make Panoramio more convenient to use...?
-----

- gpsman

gpsman

On Jul 7, 11:41*am, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-07 11:37 , gpsman wrote:
>
> > On Jul 7, 10:52 am, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> True enough. *But for most people that would be the more convenient way
> >> to use it.

> > How does a gmail account make Panoramio more convenient to use...?

> I'd tell you to use your imagination but you've already trampled all
> over that notion.

Imagine those who don't know you don't know what the **** you're
talking about.
-----

- gpsman

gpsman

On Jul 7, 2:28*pm, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-07 14:19 , gpsman wrote:
>

> > On Jul 7, 11:41 am, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> I'd tell you to use your imagination but you've already trampled all
> >> over that notion.

> > Imagine those who don't know you don't know what the **** you're
> > talking about.

> Imagine that you haven't spent enough time looking into it to know better..

Let me Google that for you: http://bit.ly/NdcoXh
-----

- gpsman

gpsman

On Jul 8, 10:06*am, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-07 15:31 , gpsman wrote:
>

> > On Jul 7, 2:28 pm, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> Imagine that you haven't spent enough time looking into it to know better.

> > Let me Google that for you: *http://bit.ly/NdcoXh

> Which I didn't, don't need.

Straw man. I couldn't care less about what -you- need, it
substantiates you're full of **** for those who may wonder which of us
knows what they are talking about.

> The question was 'is it better to access
> Pan with a gmail account' and it is. *For several reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion

But Panoramio is keeping those several reasons a secret, but you found
out, but you're not talking...?

> And I'll
> just let you continue searching.

Because you're full of ****.

What about those in the 4 groups to which you are posting that might
not be so interweb savvy as yourself, **** 'em...?
-----

- gpsman

otter

On Jul 6, 3:47*pm, SI Committee <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-06 02:04 , otter wrote:
>
> > On Jul 5, 4:38 pm, SI Committee <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >> As it turns out one of our shooters has been quietly geotagging some of
> >> his SI photos for quite some time. *With that, the inauguration of the
> >> Shootin Geo Tag page has retroactively begun.

> >>http://www.panoramio.com/user/7024030

> >> --
> >> The Committee
> >> Submit photos to: *shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com

> > Do you accept general submissions for Panoramio, or do they have to be
> > from submissions to a SI?

> For that we suggest you set up your own Panoramio.

I'll pass on that. Was just wondering if you wanted additional
pictures to seed the Panoramio you are setting up. But I got my
answer. It make sense to restrict it to just SI submissions.

What about previous SI submissions that didn't include GPS data at the
time, would you like some of those resubmitted with GPS data? Or
don't bother about it?

otter

On Jul 8, 3:31*pm, SI Committee <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-08 15:44 , otter wrote:
>
> > What about previous SI submissions that didn't include GPS data at the
> > time, would you like some of those resubmitted with GPS data? *Or
> > don't bother about it?

> The Committee's enthusiasm for it is tempered by the work that may be
> involved. *But if there are some you have submitted to the SI that you'd
> like retro-loaded to Panoramio:
>
> - e-mail us the photo WITH the geotag in it. *(address in sig).
>
> * * * *-OR-
>
> - send a link to the photo on pbase
> - along with the lat/long of where the shot was taken from
> * *(not the lat/long of the subject).
>
> And the data management sub-committee will put them up in good time.
>
> --
> The Committee
> Submit photos to: *shootinphotos AHT gmail DAHT com

Ah, I may take the second route, and only for a few pictures. May
take a few days to get to it.

gpsman

On Jul 8, 4:40*pm, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-08 12:29 , gpsman wrote:
> > What about those in the 4 groups to which you are posting that might
> > not be so interweb savvy as yourself, **** 'em...?

> There are only 2 people with an interest to date. *AFAICT, 'duck doesn't
> have a Panoramio account and doesn't care to have one. *He's savvy
> enough to figure out on his own what's best for him. *And per otter's
> recent post he's even more ambivalent.

False premise. Only 2 people have -expressed- an interest.

Of the 4 groups to which you post may be readers intrigued by
Panoramio and not interested in the SI.

> You're obviously brilliant enough (you caught my earlier error which I
> made no bones about) to figure the rest for yourself. *And if you don't
> believe me you can just imagine how much I care.

Idiots never care that they're idiots.

Your "advice" is the equivalent of claiming IE is the best browser,
for several reasons:

1.

2.

3.

4.

You fall further afoul of sanity by asserting you know what is best or
most convenient for most people, something you have no method of
having determined.

Your supply of smoke to blow up asses seems unlimited, though, so you
got that going for you.
-----

- gpsman

gpsman

On Jul 9, 4:40*pm, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-07-09 11:36 , gpsman wrote:
>
> > Idiots never care that they're idiots.

> Lovely non-sequiter. *I guess your balls are swelling now.

That's not a non sequitur, you can't even spell it.

> > You fall further afoul of sanity by asserting you know what is best or

> How does one "fall further afoul of sanity"? *Please elaborate.

If I have to explain further, you wouldn't understand.

Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 10:52:52 -0400
From: Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.
35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Subject: Re: Geotags - examples

"But for most people that would be the more convenient way"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...n&dmode=source

> > Your supply of smoke to blow up asses seems unlimited, though, so you
> > got that going for you.

> Your supply of frustration is actually worrying to me. *I suggest you
> soon schedule a visit to your GP. * On that note, this is my last reply
> to you. *I would feel badly if you caused yourself injury.

Red herring.

You started out as simply mistaken, and couldn't admit it...and
couldn't shut the **** up.
-----

- gpsman