Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Using a CMS for small site?

Using a CMS for small site?

Albert van der Horst

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Gilles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello
>
>Someone I know with no computer knowledge has a studio appartment to
>rent in Paris and spent four months building a small site in Joomla to
>find short-time renters.
>
>The site is just...
>- a few web pages that include text (in four languages) and pictures
>displayed in a Flash slide show
>- a calendar to show availability
>- a form to send e-mail with anti-SPAM support
>- (ASAP) online payment
>
>Out of curiosity, are there CMS/frameworks in Python that can do this?
>Django? Other?
>
>Is a full-fledged CMS even needed for something like that?

Good old rcs would be fine. It is oldfashioned, so you need only
4 commands, compared to a bewildering display of icons.

mkdir RCS
ci *
rcs -NSTABLE1: RCS/*

Backup by