Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken

Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken

jayadeep66@gmail.com

hi just copy that jar files and paste it on java home/lib folder.and i think u r problem can be resolved.

Lew

On 06/30/2012 09:13 PM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hi just copy that jar files and paste it on java home/lib folder.and i think u r problem can be resolved.

That doesn't sound like the right approach.

You normally don't want to put anything into Java's own lib/ folders.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Roedy Green

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 21:53:50 -0700, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,

>That doesn't sound like the right approach.
>
>You normally don't want to put anything into Java's own lib/ folders.

putting the jar in the ext dir would effectively put the jar on the
classpath, I it would not do anything to make

xxx.jar

on the command line execute the jar. Windows still would not know
jars are executable or what executable can process them.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html#ASSOCIATION

For how to set up the association.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products