Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How does navigation work in TimeTracker starter kit ?

How does navigation work in TimeTracker starter kit ?

Bazza Formez

Hi,

This is very much a newbie type question ...

I have downloaded the code for the TimeTracker app which is one of the
Starter Kits at www.asp.net & trying to figure out exactly how it works so
that I can build something similar myself.

In my new app I would like to employ the same method to navigate between
pages that is used when a user clicks the tabs at the top of the screen in
TimeTracker.... but I am falling down at the first step ! I can't see how
the navigation tabs get rendered. No hyperlink controls or anything like
that. See http://www.asp.net/TimeTrackerStarterKit/TimeEntry.aspx and look
at the tabs called "Log", "Reports" & "Administration" to see them in
action.

Looking at file TimeEntry.aspx in Visual Studio for example.... there are no
tabs (or user control) appearing in the designer surface. At run time
though, there they are.

I can't see any code doing this either... ie. in the Page_Load sub for
example.

Can someone give me a few clues here as to how it works.

Many thanks,

Bazza

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I do not have it downloaded, but see if there is a tab control (part of the
Internet Explorer Web Controls). If so, it is a compiled control that
handles the events to switch from view to view. NOTE: This is even better in
Visual Studio 2005, if you can wait.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!
"Bazza Formez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41ed8a3f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> This is very much a newbie type question ...
>
> I have downloaded the code for the TimeTracker app which is one of the
> Starter Kits at www.asp.net & trying to figure out exactly how it works
> so that I can build something similar myself.
>
> In my new app I would like to employ the same method to navigate between
> pages that is used when a user clicks the tabs at the top of the screen in
> TimeTracker.... but I am falling down at the first step ! I can't see how
> the navigation tabs get rendered. No hyperlink controls or anything like
> that. See http://www.asp.net/TimeTrackerStarterKit/TimeEntry.aspx and look
> at the tabs called "Log", "Reports" & "Administration" to see them in
> action.
>
> Looking at file TimeEntry.aspx in Visual Studio for example.... there are
> no tabs (or user control) appearing in the designer surface. At run time
> though, there they are.
>
> I can't see any code doing this either... ie. in the Page_Load sub for
> example.
>
> Can someone give me a few clues here as to how it works.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Bazza

Bazza Formez

Thanks Gregory

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:eWLp7kd$(E-Mail Removed)...