Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken

Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken

Stefan Ram

"Qu0ll" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I have somehow managed to break the file association between JAR files and
>Java on Windows 7 such that I can no longer double click on an executable
>JAR file. How can I fix it? Reinstalling the JRE has not helped.

On my page

http://www.purl.org/stefan_ram/pub/jar

, I find:

jar.reg =

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jar]
@="jarfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile]
@="Executable Jar File"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Programm Files\\Java\\jre1.7.0\\bin\\javaw.exe\" -jar \"%1\" %*"

. To use this, you need to be proficient in the Window
registry: only use it if you understand every detail and can
assess all the risks involved, backup everything before use
and use it entirely on your own risk. I also do not claim
that it will solve your problem.