Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".

Re: There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".

Nobody

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:26:03 -0500, vmars316 wrote:

> There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".
> I've searched the web up and down, but still no such thing.

This isn't a C issue. GUI designers are inherently tied to the toolkit,
not the language. If your toolkit doesn't have a designer available, find
one which does.

Stefan Ram

Nobody <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:26:03 -0500, vmars316 wrote:
>> There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".
>> I've searched the web up and down, but still no such thing.

>This isn't a C issue. GUI designers are inherently tied to the toolkit,
>not the language. If your toolkit doesn't have a designer available, find
>one which does.

More advanced software that has a more dynamic GUI often is
created without a GUI builder. GUI builders offer a quick
start for beginners.

Malcolm McLean

בתאריך יום שבת,30 ביו*י 2012 20:24:56 UTC+1, מאת Stefan Ram:

> More advanced software that has a more dynamic GUI often is
> created without a »GUI builder«. GUI builders offer a quick
> start for beginners.

They're good for intermediate level applications.

If you just need a few buttons, it's often eaiser just to handcode them. Ifyou've got a wonderful and elaborate system with floating and docking everything the GUI builder might not offer enough fexibility. But if you've gotseveral menus and dialogs, but fundamentally strightforwards, a GUI builder can save time.

Stephen Sprunk

On 30-Jun-12 14:24, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Nobody <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:26:03 -0500, vmars316 wrote:
>>> There is still a great need for a "C GUI Designer/Builder".
>>> I've searched the web up and down, but still no such thing.

>> This isn't a C issue. GUI designers are inherently tied to the toolkit,
>> not the language. If your toolkit doesn't have a designer available, find
>> one which does.

> More advanced software that has a more dynamic GUI often is
> created without a »GUI builder«. GUI builders offer a quick
> start for beginners.

That does not change that fact that _C itself_ does not have a GUI.

There are numerous GUI toolkits available that happen to use C, and most
(if not all) of them have GUI builders.

So, what exactly is your proposal?