Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > View Generated Post Data

View Generated Post Data

Denis McMahon

I'm trying to track down a weird data anomaly - basically somewhere
between the textarea that I enter data in and the cgi that's processing
the post data, it seems some carriage return characters are being added
to the newlines.

As everything is running on linux boxes of various flavours, this is
confusing me.

Without firing up something like wireshark, is there any way to view the
post data that firefox is sending to the remote server?

The problem seems to occur with multiple browsers, so I'm guessing it
might either be (a) some proxy running under an ms os between me and the
server, (b) apache on the server, or (c) the cgi handling code that
passes the form data to my code on the server. Unfortunately I don't have
access to debug apache on the server.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

BootNic

In article <jskldu$inp$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Denis McMahon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm trying to track down a weird data anomaly - basically
> somewhere between the textarea that I enter data in and the cgi
> that's processing the post data, it seems some carriage return
> characters are being added to the newlines.
>
> As everything is running on linux boxes of various flavours,
> this is confusing me.
>
> Without firing up something like wireshark, is there any way to
> view the post data that firefox is sending to the remote server?
>
> The problem seems to occur with multiple browsers, so I'm
> guessing it might either be (a) some proxy running under an ms os
> between me and the server, (b) apache on the server, or (c) the
> cgi handling code that passes the form data to my code on the
> server. Unfortunately I don't have access to debug apache on the
> server.

One could set a form to get rather then post to view what is being sent. So
when %0D%0A is present …

I think you may see that the browser is sending crlf.

--
BootNic Fri Jun 29, 2012 03:05 pm
A conclusion is the place where you get tired of thinking.