Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I hate Apple, but RIM deserves to die

I hate Apple, but RIM deserves to die

RichA

I hate Apple. I think they are the biggest fakes (The "rebel"
corporation who isn't supposed to be like a corporation) and vultures
that ever existed. They are in essence, "patent trolls." But at least
they produce products people want.

RIM is dying because of the mindset of the the statement below. It
has become the standard "corporate" reaction to falling sales, instead
of first and foremost trying to create "customer satisfaction." My
reaction to this is, "STOP worrying about how to please Wall Street or
Bay Street and START worrying about how to please customers."

CNN: RIM to fire 5,000 workers.

But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted
that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term
stakeholder value."

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I hate Apple. I think they are the biggest fakes (The "rebel"
>corporation who isn't supposed to be like a corporation) and vultures
>that ever existed. They are in essence, "patent trolls." But at least
>they produce products people want.
>
>RIM is dying because of the mindset of the the statement below. It
>has become the standard "corporate" reaction to falling sales, instead
>of first and foremost trying to create "customer satisfaction." My
>reaction to this is, "STOP worrying about how to please Wall Street or
>Bay Street and START worrying about how to please customers."
>
>CNN: RIM to fire 5,000 workers.
>
>But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted
>that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term
>stakeholder value."

Perhaps RIM should concentrate on the corporate market rather than try
to sell their wares to fickle consumers? RIM had a bubble of
popularity with consumers who valued the ease (and cheapness) of
BlackBerry text messaging, however Android smartphones now have much
greater appeal to that market. But the corporate market remains loyal
to BlackBerry because of the corporate apps it offers.

RichA

On Jun 29, 8:14*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I hate Apple. *I think they are the biggest fakes (The "rebel"
> >corporation who isn't supposed to be like a corporation) and vultures
> >that ever existed. They are in essence, "patent trolls." *But at least
> >they produce products people want.

> >RIM is dying because of the mindset of the the statement below. *It
> >has become the standard "corporate" reaction to falling sales, instead
> >of first and foremost trying to create "customer satisfaction." *My
> >reaction to this is, "STOP worrying about how to please Wall Street or
> >Bay Street and START worrying about how to please customers."

> >CNN: *RIM to fire 5,000 workers.

> >But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted
> >that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term
> >stakeholder value."

> Perhaps RIM should concentrate on the corporate market rather than try
> to sell their wares to fickle consumers? *RIM had a bubble of
> popularity with consumers who valued the ease (and cheapness) of
> BlackBerry text messaging, however Android smartphones now have much
> greater appeal to that market. *But the corporate market remains loyal
> to BlackBerry because of the corporate apps it offers.

Maybe, but I keep hearing that more and more companies are green-
lighting the iPhone for business use. Seems like they don't really
care about security (the RIM product email system was pretty secure)
as much as keeping employees entertained.

Mike

On 29/06/2012 8:14 AM, Bruce wrote:
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> CNN: RIM to fire 5,000 workers.

So you are saying, 5,000 fewer Rim Jobs?

--
Mike

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Bruce
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Perhaps RIM should concentrate on the corporate market rather than try
> to sell their wares to fickle consumers? RIM had a bubble of
> popularity with consumers who valued the ease (and cheapness) of
> BlackBerry text messaging, however Android smartphones now have much
> greater appeal to that market. But the corporate market remains loyal
> to BlackBerry because of the corporate apps it offers.

no they don't. the corporate market is ditching blackberry in droves
for iphone and android.

Robert Coe

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:14:48 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >I hate Apple. I think they are the biggest fakes (The "rebel"
: >corporation who isn't supposed to be like a corporation) and vultures
: >that ever existed. They are in essence, "patent trolls." But at least
: >they produce products people want.
: >
: >RIM is dying because of the mindset of the the statement below. It
: >has become the standard "corporate" reaction to falling sales, instead
: >of first and foremost trying to create "customer satisfaction." My
: >reaction to this is, "STOP worrying about how to please Wall Street or
: >Bay Street and START worrying about how to please customers."
: >
: >CNN: RIM to fire 5,000 workers.
: >
: >But on the call with investors on Thursday, RIM executives insisted
: >that BlackBerry 10 would be a viable competitor and create "long-term
: >stakeholder value."
:
:
: Perhaps RIM should concentrate on the corporate market rather than try
: to sell their wares to fickle consumers? RIM had a bubble of
: popularity with consumers who valued the ease (and cheapness) of
: BlackBerry text messaging, however Android smartphones now have much
: greater appeal to that market. But the corporate market remains loyal
: to BlackBerry because of the corporate apps it offers.

Surely you jest. Maybe RIM is still viable in the UK, but it seems all but
gone with the wind here. We dropped them completely a year or two ago. Mine
was the last Blackberry to disappear from our BB server before we shut it
down. I actually liked my Blackberry Pearl better than the buggy,
battery-sucking Android that replaced it, but it gathers dust in my desk
drawer today.

The other day I attended a seminar on how to deal with users who want to put
their personal devices on corporate networks. One of the speakers was a
consultant who mentioned that developers and providers of mobile device
management software no longer regard RIM as a serious player. They give even
the Windows phone a better chance, assuming that Microsoft can find a more
viable partner than Nokia has become.

One thing the Blackberry had going for it was its strong, almost unbreakable
security. Then they gave in to some tinpot Middle-eastern dictator, so nobody
trusts them anymore.

Bob

new RIM ceo sounds as useless as the UK Kodak CEO RichA Digital Photography 4 01-25-2012 12:12 PM
English translation of ELV "RIM 1000" battery tester wanted dennis702717@yahoo.com Digital Photography 0 09-24-2006 04:50 AM
Die IDE Die Lloyd Sheen ASP .Net 2 01-26-2004 04:59 AM
More Die IDE Die Lloyd Sheen ASP .Net 5 01-25-2004 02:34 PM
I want to be a hacker/nerd b4 I die. Ghost issues (now and after I die) O.Phooey Computer Support 4 07-05-2003 08:35 PM

Advertisments