Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The ultimate HDR shots

The ultimate HDR shots

Irwell

Well worth looking at.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...se-images.html

Me

On 28/06/2012 5:48 a.m., Irwell wrote:
> Well worth looking at.
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...se-images.html

This not HDR and not "art" as such, but well worth a look (needs to be
viewed in HD/1080p).
1800 x 20 second exposures, panned, played back at 30fps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVJCEnSY2Ks

RichA

On Jun 27, 1:48*pm, Irwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Well worth looking at.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ias-big-sky-ph...

Looks good, but I wonder (if it's how he did it) about the effects of
running sensors for that long? With film, exposing for a couple hours
obviously was no big deal.

Trevor

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> On 2012-06-27 13:48 , Irwell wrote:
>> Well worth looking at.
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...se-images.html

> Great application of HDR and time lapse. Other worldly.

Actually the HDR is overdone for my taste. Definitely great images, but
spoiled by superbright foregrounds in some shots.
And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Lake Eppalock is *nowhere near*
outback Australia. I'd love to see some done at Uluru. *That's* the outback!

Trevor.

PeterN

On 6/27/2012 5:00 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2012-06-27 13:48 , Irwell wrote:
>> Well worth looking at.
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...se-images.html
>>

> Great application of HDR and time lapse. Other worldly.

I assume the pun was not intended.

--
Peter

PeterN

On 6/27/2012 8:34 PM, Trevor wrote:
> "Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> On 2012-06-27 13:48 , Irwell wrote:
>>> Well worth looking at.
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...se-images.html

>> Great application of HDR and time lapse. Other worldly.

> Actually the HDR is overdone for my taste. Definitely great images, but
> spoiled by superbright foregrounds in some shots.
> And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Lake Eppalock is *nowhere near*
> outback Australia. I'd love to see some done at Uluru. *That's* the outback!
>
> Trevor.

And here I thought Outback was a low priced restaurant.

--
Peter