Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > u4/3 beaten by a phone

u4/3 beaten by a phone

Me

DanP

On Wednesday, 27 June 2012 10:10:20 UTC+1, Me wrote:
> http://www.gsmarena.com/pureview_bli...view-773p3.php

Beaten at what? Picture quality in daylight at ISO 100?
How fast is it focusing? Can it do more than one focal length? What about low light? Can it narrow the depth of field? How good is the dynamic range? How many pictures per second can it take? Are the controls easy to use? Any estimate for its lifespan?

DanP

David J Taylor

"Me" wrote in message news:jseils$35m$(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.gsmarena.com/pureview_bli...view-773p3.php
===============================

Thanks for posting that. On looking at the test images without knowing
which was which, I cannot see how so many voted for the 'phone, as the u4/3
were significantly sharper, although the JPEG may not have had quite so much
shadow detail. Of course, in low-light conditions the result would be
unlikely to be repeated. I find that the images from my iPad3 are quite
good in bright daylight, but there are many features missing as DanP
highlights. I can see the 'phone replacing a separate camera for may
people, though.

Cheers,
David