Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: exception problem

Re: exception problem

MRAB

On 24/06/2012 23:36, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Charles Hixson
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> The code:
>> finally:
>> print ("at finally")
>> print ("chunks =")
>> produces this result:
>> path 3...

> Can you state more clearly the problem, please? I'm seeing output that
> can't have come from the code posted (for instance, immediately after
> the "at finally", I'm expecting to see the "chunks =" line), and I'm
> not seeing any exception information, so I can't even hazard a guess
> as to what's throwing the exception.

I'd expect the output of:

print (sys.exc_info()[:2])

between these two lines:

caught exception
at finally

That suggests to me that "sys" hasn't been imported and that's there's
another exception somewhere that we're not seeing.