Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Grok vs. Django for RESTful API?

Grok vs. Django for RESTful API?

TG

Just hoping to get some opinions: Grok vs Django for REST? I've started evaluating TastyPie with Django. Is there something similar for Grok?

I'm working on a project that will mostly be mobile-app based. Though therewill be a web interface, the mobile part is more important to us. Our datamodel is pretty straight-forward so far (it's a social networking type app), but may become a bit more involved if we begin to add information/event streams.
So finding a framework that works well with a dynamically changing data model is somewhat important (hopefully we won't change it too often). Having agood security/authentication/authorization framework is important too.

I consider myself pretty strong with Python and other languages, but web programming is new to me. I'm comfortable though with HTTP/SQL/etc.

Question on Django and Django Book John Posner Python 0 11-13-2010 06:55 PM
Please help me grok: webserver > python Phillip B Oldham Python 1 04-22-2009 01:03 PM
Emergence of Grok Paul McGuire Python 2 04-15-2007 04:54 AM
Sun's javac doesn't grok generics? Ian Pilcher Java 5 10-08-2005 06:05 AM
JSP & JavaScript: don't grok cookies? Kai Grossjohann Java 7 12-17-2003 06:14 PM

Advertisments