Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: SSL handshake hanging, despite bugfix in stdlib

Re: SSL handshake hanging, despite bugfix in stdlib

Terry Reedy

On 6/23/2012 1:29 PM, Michael Gundlach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue5103 fixed a bug in Python2.6 where SSL's

I believe the fix first appeared in 2.6.6.

> handshake would hang indefinitely if the remote end hangs.
>
> However, I'm getting hanging behavior in an IMAP script. When I Ctrl-C
> it after hours of hanging, I get the same stacktrace as reported in
> http://bugs.python.org/issue1251#msg72363 , though Antoine said that
> r80452 fixed issue 5103 as well as this bug.

He claimed that it should fix 1251, but I cannot see that there was a
dependable code for making the problem appear.

> (This behavior started only in the last couple of weeks after a longer
> period working correctly, so I suspect something changed on GMail's end
> to trigger the bug.)

Possible.

> Am I do something wrong, or is this bug still not fixed? Any pointers
> would be appreciated. Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Dec 7 2011, 20:48:22)
> on 64-bit Linux 2.6.32.
> Michael

If you want any attention from developers, you will have to show a
problem with 2.7.3 or latest 3.2+. I do not know that there is much
change in 2.7, but I know there is more in change in 3.3 (the
do_handshake call is moved and has a different context.

--
Terry Jan Reedy