Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Dealing with higher order operations coupled with primitives

Re: Dealing with higher order operations coupled with primitives

Stefan Ram

rossum <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Why not? Have you tested how fast your program runs when you use
>generics/boxing?
>By all means eleminate boxing if you boxing program runs too slowly,
>but until you have written it, tested it and profiled it to show that
>boxing is the problem then you have no reason to avoid boxing.

I fully agree! First, the program should be written in the natural
Java style without wasting a thought about low-level efficiencies.