Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: Dealing with higher order operations coupled with primitives

Re: Dealing with higher order operations coupled with primitives

Gina Engli

On 22/06/2012 12:32 AM, markspace wrote:
> I'll agree with others: Haskell/Clojure seem a better fit.

If the OP specifically wants to run on the JVM (to run in a servlet
container, for instance, or to gain WORA easily) or have access to
Java's large and useful standard library, Clojure, in particular, has
the advantage of being JVM-hosted and providing said access.

Fred Greer

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:31:54 -0400, Gina Engli wrote:

> On 22/06/2012 12:32 AM, markspace wrote:
>> I'll agree with others: Haskell/Clojure seem a better fit.

> If the OP specifically wants to run on the JVM (to run in a servlet
> container, for instance, or to gain WORA easily) or have access to
> Java's large and useful standard library, Clojure, in particular, has
> the advantage of being JVM-hosted and providing said access.

Also if he prefers to code in Java, as he can code the really functional
stuff in Clojure and the rest in Java since the two can be made to
interoperate easily.

Gina Engli

On 22/06/2012 2:36 AM, Fred Greer wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:31:54 -0400, Gina Engli wrote:
>
>> On 22/06/2012 12:32 AM, markspace wrote:
>>> I'll agree with others: Haskell/Clojure seem a better fit.

>> If the OP specifically wants to run on the JVM (to run in a servlet
>> container, for instance, or to gain WORA easily) or have access to
>> Java's large and useful standard library, Clojure, in particular, has
>> the advantage of being JVM-hosted and providing said access.

> Also if he prefers to code in Java, as he can code the really functional
> stuff in Clojure and the rest in Java since the two can be made to
> interoperate easily.

Yes, but why the hell would anyone prefer to code in Java?

Lew

Gina Engli wrote:
> Yes, but why the hell would anyone prefer to code in Java?

Because it's the best friggin' programming language ever invented
or that ever will be!

--
Lew

Sixteen of Seventeen

On 22/06/2012 3:45 PM, Lew wrote:
> Gina Engli wrote:
>> Yes, but why the hell would anyone prefer to code in Java?

> Because it's the best friggin' programming language ever invented
> or that ever will be!

Lew

Sixteen of Seventeen wrote:
> Lew wrote:
>> Gina Engli wrote:
>>> Yes, but why the hell would anyone prefer to code in Java?

>> Because it's the best friggin' programming language ever invented
>> or that ever will be!

> Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

You don't know a joke when you see one. Quit parroting your nonsense.

It was a joke, right? Get it?

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Sixteen of Seventeen

On 22/06/2012 10:59 PM, Lew wrote:
> Sixteen of Seventeen wrote:
>>>
>>> Because it's the best friggin' programming language ever invented
>>> or that ever will be!

>> Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim.

> You don't know a joke when you see one.

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with Java, Lew?

> Quit parroting your nonsense.

What does your classic erroneous presupposition have to do with Java, Lew?

> It was a joke, right? Get it?

What do your questions have to do with Java, Lew?

Lew

On 06/22/2012 08:16 PM, Sixteen of Seventeen wrote:
> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do with
> Java, Lew?

Plonk.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Borg Queen

On 23/06/2012 1:13 AM, Lew wrote:
> On 06/22/2012 08:16 PM, Sixteen of Seventeen wrote:
>> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
>> with
>> Java, Lew?

> Plonk.

Killfiles are irrelevant. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Lew