Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > need help with display

need help with display

mcnewsxp

the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:

login in with test test at

http://stellarschoolservices.org/

click the SCHEDULE link

TherapistsScheduler.aspx

i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.

how to fix?

tia,
mcnewsxp

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
mcnewsxp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:
>
> login in with test test at
>
> http://stellarschoolservices.org/
>
> click the SCHEDULE link
>
> TherapistsScheduler.aspx
>
> i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.
>
> how to fix?

If you really want, for some reason, to use a table this way and have
the cells go down (rather than across as usual) but just want the text
to fit in and all cells to look the same size: try something like
width: 8em; and no height or a min-height (in px if you must! but best
not)

--
dorayme

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

dorayme wrote:

> mcnewsxp wrote:
>> the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:
>>
>> login in with test test at
>>
>> http://stellarschoolservices.org/
>>
>> click the SCHEDULE link
>>
>> TherapistsScheduler.aspx

Who are these rapists you want to schedule???

>> i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.
>>
>> how to fix?

> If you really want, for some reason, to use a table this way and have
> the cells go down (rather than across as usual) but just want the text
> to fit in and all cells to look the same size: try something like width:
> 8em; and no height or a min-height (in px if you must! but best not)

I'm wondering why he just doesn't use four <tr>, each with one <td>
instead of trying to vertically fudge the display of a single row?
Wouldn't that be a lot more logical?

--
-bts

richard

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:07:28 +0000 (UTC), Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>
>> mcnewsxp wrote:
>>> the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:
>>>
>>> login in with test test at
>>>
>>> http://stellarschoolservices.org/
>>>
>>> click the SCHEDULE link
>>>
>>> TherapistsScheduler.aspx

> Who are these rapists you want to schedule???
>
>>> i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.
>>>
>>> how to fix?

>> If you really want, for some reason, to use a table this way and have
>> the cells go down (rather than across as usual) but just want the text
>> to fit in and all cells to look the same size: try something like width:
>> 8em; and no height or a min-height (in px if you must! but best not)

> I'm wondering why he just doesn't use four <tr>, each with one <td>
> instead of trying to vertically fudge the display of a single row?
> Wouldn't that be a lot more logical?

You just don't get it.
There are 10 people in a line doing synchronous excercising.
Except for one.
And he says, "How come you guys can't get your act together?"

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the sto0pid wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> I'm wondering why he just doesn't use four <tr>, each with one <td>
>> instead of trying to vertically fudge the display of a single row?
>> Wouldn't that be a lot more logical?

> You just don't get it.

I get it just fine, bullis.

> There are 10 people in a line doing synchronous excercising. Except for
> one.
> And he says, "How come you guys can't get your act together?"

Is that a quote of something someone posted about you? If anyone is the
"odd man out" it is you.

--
-bts

dorayme

In article <jrqf50$en9$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
>
> > mcnewsxp wrote:
> >> the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:
> >>
> >> login in with test test at
> >>
> >> http://stellarschoolservices.org/
> >>
> >> click the SCHEDULE link
> >>
> >> TherapistsScheduler.aspx

> Who are these rapists you want to schedule???
>
> >> i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.
> >>
> >> how to fix?

> > If you really want, for some reason, to use a table this way and have
> > the cells go down (rather than across as usual) but just want the text
> > to fit in and all cells to look the same size: try something like width:
> > 8em; and no height or a min-height (in px if you must! but best not)

> I'm wondering why he just doesn't use four <tr>, each with one <td>
> instead of trying to vertically fudge the display of a single row?
> Wouldn't that be a lot more logical?

In a temporary experiment in attitude to the world, I resist
wondering. Of course, you are right, it is a puzzle but perhaps we
should not pry too much. There may be a reason, it may be something
very personal: a geek beauty might have said, "Darling, I will marry
you, if you dare to use a table in the most longitudinal manner"?

Maybe he is being threatened: "If you ever, EVER, use an HTML table in
a normal way, you will shot!"?

It may just be some sort of zen garden challenge where he cannot or
would rather not get his hands on the HTML?

Maybe the HTML is generated from a script and tables are the easiest
to generate in his situation?

What is this business of scheduling rapists? Scheduling as mental
illness certification? Or setting them up to rape in an orderly
manner, by appointment?

--
dorayme

mcnewsxp

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:29:15 PM UTC-4, dorayme wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> mcnewsxp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:
> >
> > login in with test test at
> >
> > http://stellarschoolservices.org/
> >
> > click the SCHEDULE link
> >
> > TherapistsScheduler.aspx
> >
> > i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.
> >
> > how to fix?
> >

> If you really want, for some reason, to use a table this way and have
> the cells go down (rather than across as usual) but just want the text
> to fit in and all cells to look the same size: try something like
> width: 8em; and no height or a min-height (in px if you must! but best
> not)
>
> --
> dorayme

my dear html experts - i am not trying to *make* it go vertical. it goes horizontl just fine in IE, but not firefox or chrome. it goes down. i don't want it to go down. i want to why it goes down so i can fix it.

can yez pleez hep me or not.....?

mcnewsxp

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:07:28 PM UTC-4, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> dorayme wrote:
>
> > mcnewsxp wrote:
> >> the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:
> >>
> >> login in with test test at
> >>
> >> http://stellarschoolservices.org/
> >>
> >> click the SCHEDULE link
> >>
> >> TherapistsScheduler.aspx

> Who are these rapists you want to schedule???
>
> >> i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.
> >>
> >> how to fix?

> > If you really want, for some reason, to use a table this way and have
> > the cells go down (rather than across as usual) but just want the text
> > to fit in and all cells to look the same size: try something like width:
> > 8em; and no height or a min-height (in px if you must! but best not)

> I'm wondering why he just doesn't use four <tr>, each with one <td>
> instead of trying to vertically fudge the display of a single row?
> Wouldn't that be a lot more logical?
>
> --
> -bts
> -This space for rent, but the price is high

please - i said 'across the page' not down the page. it displays as i wish in IE, but not firefox. i'm doing something dumb, but don't know what.

mcnewsxp

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:05:41 PM UTC-4, mcnewsxp wrote:
> the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:
>
> login in with test test at
>
> http://stellarschoolservices.org/
>
> click the SCHEDULE link
>
> TherapistsScheduler.aspx
>
> i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.
>
> how to fix?
>
> tia,
> mcnewsxp

amazing!
just changing height from px to em did the trick. wonder why?

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
mcnewsxp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:29:15 PM UTC-4, dorayme wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > mcnewsxp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > the bottom table on this page looks ok in IE but not firefox or chrome:
> > >
> > > login in with test test at
> > >
> > > http://stellarschoolservices.org/
> > >
> > > click the SCHEDULE link
> > >
> > > TherapistsScheduler.aspx
> > >
> > > i am actual trying to make the <td>s the same size across the page.
> > >
> > > how to fix?
> > >

> > If you really want, for some reason, to use a table this way and have
> > the cells go down (rather than across as usual) but just want the text
> > to fit in and all cells to look the same size: try something like
> > width: 8em; and no height or a min-height (in px if you must! but best
> > not)
> >
> > --
> > dorayme

> my dear html experts - i am not trying to *make* it go vertical. it goes
> horizontl just fine in IE, but not firefox or chrome. it goes down. i don't
> want it to go down. i want to why it goes down so i can fix it.
>
> can yez pleez hep me or not.....?

Are you not getting my posts on this? I suggested for you to remove
display: block from td.tdBod days back when you posted under the
thread with a name like "table td question". I have also made other
remarks that you might find useful about using em rather than px.

This is the first time, by the way, that you have clearly said that
you don't want the cells to go down.

--
dorayme