Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Where are the comments on FOOD?

Re: [SI] Where are the comments on FOOD?

Robert Coe

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:43:10 -0400, SI Committee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On 2012-06-17 10:40 , Chemiker wrote:
: > FWIW: I never saw comments published/posted, but now in this NG I'm
: > seeing comments on the comments. Were they posted to a different NG?
:
: The "home" of the SI is rec.photo.equipment.35mm with
: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems pretty much "taking over".

Hmmm... That I hadn't noticed. I left rec.photo.digital.slr-systems off of the
list of groups to which I posted my comments, because a) that group seems to
me to be losing ground to rec.photo.digital, b) not all of the SI pictures
were taken with SLRs, and c) there's been so much bitching lately about
unnecessary cross-posting. But I did post to the other three groups (although
I believe not all of the follow-up has included them all). Alex, I liked your
pictures (2) and (3), but thought that (1) was a good idea that somewhat
missed the mark.

: The x-posting is usually to all 4 groups (above) plus rec.photo.digital
: and alt.photography.

Not quite what you meant to say, I suspect, since r.p.d and alt.photography
are included in the four.

Bob

tony cooper

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:37:58 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>Then the solution might be to clear, or empty the message cache and
>reload the entire screwy NewsGroup. I have had to do this from time to
>time when things go awry.
>I see you are using MS Windows Live Mail which is not a dedicated
>Usenet client, Alex is using a good client in Forte Agent. I am sure he
>will be able to empty the message cache and reload, but I don't know
>how you would go about it with Live Mail. All I can say is it might be
>worth a try.

I've been using Forte Agent for something like 10 years. I've never
had to empty my message cache. I wouldn't even know how to do it.
I've never missed a message as far as I know. There are some I wish I
would have missed, though.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

RichA

On Jun 17, 12:10*pm, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:43:10 -0400, SI Committee<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> : On 2012-06-17 10:40 , Chemiker wrote:
> : > FWIW: I never saw comments published/posted, but now in this NG I'm
> : > seeing comments on the comments. Were they posted to a different NG?
> :
> : The "home" of the SI is rec.photo.equipment.35mm with
> : rec.photo.digital.slr-systems pretty much "taking over".
>
> Hmmm... That I hadn't noticed. I left rec.photo.digital.slr-systems off of the
> list of groups to which I posted my comments, because a) that group seemsto
> me to be losing ground to rec.photo.digital

Don't deprive the Chines and Indian spammers of your insight, include
the DSLR group!

PeterN

On 6/18/2012 4:31 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 06:57:28 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2012-06-18 06:34:20 -0700, tony cooper<(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> I've been using Forte Agent for something like 10 years. I've never
>>> had to empty my message cache. I wouldn't even know how to do it.
>>> I've never missed a message as far as I know. There are some I wish I
>>> would have missed, though.

>> That's nice, but Alex has some sort of problem, not necessarily with
>> Agent, but probably with his server. Clearing the message cache and
>> reloading the troublesome NG might be a possible solution for him.

> Agent does not know the term 'message cache' and, although it in
> effect has one, it provides no way to deal with it. You may be able to
> delete it if you know the right file (out of many) but it's not
> recommended for the faint hearted.

Even when I know the right file, I rename it by adding "_old."
Then if/when things go awry, I have an easy fix.

--
Peter