Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > First images of Nikon D600 with 24 MP FX sensor

First images of Nikon D600 with 24 MP FX sensor

Bruce

<http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/14/first-leaked-nikon-d600-images.aspx/#more-40710>

A few points worth noting:

The D600 has a Sony 24 MP full frame sensor which will also be used in
Sony's SLT A99.

The D600 specification is final but nikonrumors.com doesn't have it
all yet.

The D600 is likely to replace the D700 after a time.

Several reasonably affordable lenses at less-than-stellar prices will
be available for the D600. There is yet another version of the
24-85mm - which probably won't be much better than any of the previous
versions - and probably a 70-200mm f/4G ED.

For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. Buyers of these
superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having to change
lenses, which makes one wonder why on earth they bought an
interchangeable lens camera in the first place.

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Bruce
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
> likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. Buyers of these
> superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having to change
> lenses, which makes one wonder why on earth they bought an
> interchangeable lens camera in the first place.

because an slr is much better than a compact p&s and they can still
change lenses if they need to.

John A.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 00:11:36 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/14/first-leaked-nikon-d600-images.aspx/#more-40710>
>

>A few points worth noting:
>
>The D600 has a Sony 24 MP full frame sensor which will also be used in
>Sony's SLT A99.
>
>The D600 specification is final but nikonrumors.com doesn't have it
>all yet.
>
>The D600 is likely to replace the D700 after a time.
>
>Several reasonably affordable lenses at less-than-stellar prices will
>be available for the D600. There is yet another version of the
>24-85mm - which probably won't be much better than any of the previous
>versions - and probably a 70-200mm f/4G ED.
>
>For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
>likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. Buyers of these
>superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having to change
>lenses, which makes one wonder why on earth they bought an
>interchangeable lens camera in the first place.

Maybe they don't want to clean the sensor more than absolutely
necessary, perhaps because they don't know how or are afraid they'll
scratch it or something.

Maybe once the economy picks up, camera owners will be more willing to
risk damaging expensive equipment.

Just a thought. No idea if it's true for a significant number, though
I would guess it's >0.

Me

On 15/06/2012 11:11 a.m., Bruce wrote:
> <http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/14/first-leaked-nikon-d600-images.aspx/#more-40710>
>

> A few points worth noting:
>
> The D600 has a Sony 24 MP full frame sensor which will also be used in
> Sony's SLT A99.
>
> The D600 specification is final but nikonrumors.com doesn't have it
> all yet.
>
> The D600 is likely to replace the D700 after a time.
>
> Several reasonably affordable lenses at less-than-stellar prices will
> be available for the D600. There is yet another version of the
> 24-85mm - which probably won't be much better than any of the previous
> versions - and probably a 70-200mm f/4G ED.

From Nikon's MTF chart for the new 24-85VR it seems to be considerably
improved over the old version.

RichA

On Jun 14, 7:11*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/14/first-leaked-nikon-d600-images.aspx...>
>
> A few points worth noting:
>
> The D600 has a Sony 24 MP full frame sensor which will also be used in
> Sony's SLT A99.
>
> The D600 specification is final but nikonrumors.com doesn't have it
> all yet.
>
> The D600 is likely to replace the D700 after a time.
>
> Several reasonably affordable lenses at less-than-stellar prices will
> be available for the D600. *There is yet another version of the
> 24-85mm - which probably won't be much better than any of the previous
> versions - and probably a 70-200mm f/4G ED.
>
> For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
> likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. *Buyers of these
> superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having to change
> lenses, which makes one wonder why on earth they bought an
> interchangeable lens camera in the first place.

That body looks small and simple. Imagine if this thing comes in
(with entry-level FX lenses) as cheap as a NEX-7 or the m4/3rds top
cameras?

RichA

On Jun 14, 7:11*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/14/first-leaked-nikon-d600-images.aspx...>
>
> A few points worth noting:
>
> The D600 has a Sony 24 MP full frame sensor which will also be used in
> Sony's SLT A99.
>
> The D600 specification is final but nikonrumors.com doesn't have it
> all yet.
>
> The D600 is likely to replace the D700 after a time.
>
> Several reasonably affordable lenses at less-than-stellar prices will
> be available for the D600. *There is yet another version of the
> 24-85mm - which probably won't be much better than any of the previous
> versions - and probably a 70-200mm f/4G ED.
>
> For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
> likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. *Buyers of these
> superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having to change
> lenses, which makes one wonder why on earth they bought an
> interchangeable lens camera in the first place.

Those "ultra-superzooms" are not exactly light-weight, even from
lesser firms like Sigma. Carrying an extra lens in small Lowepro bag
would seem to be no strain, but I guess those amateurs are so "action-
oriented" they need the extra f.l. to be in the same lens so as not to
slow them down.

David J Taylor

For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. Buyers of these
superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having to change
lenses, which makes one wonder why on earth they bought an
interchangeable lens camera in the first place.

When you are photographing a once-off event (recent example, the Olympic
torch passing by), there may not be time to change lenses, or even to pick
up a second camera, and a wide-range zoom gives you maximum chance of
getting a few good pictures. Of course, if you are a professional
photographer with a privileged viewpoint, things may be different....

It doesn't mean that you don't change lenses on other occasions. Others
have different needs to you.

David

K W Hart

"John A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 00:11:36 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>><http://nikonrumors.com/2012/06/14/first-leaked-nikon-d600-images.aspx/#more-40710>
>>

>>A few points worth noting:
>>
>>The D600 has a Sony 24 MP full frame sensor which will also be used in
>>Sony's SLT A99.
>>
>>The D600 specification is final but nikonrumors.com doesn't have it
>>all yet.
>>
>>The D600 is likely to replace the D700 after a time.
>>
>>Several reasonably affordable lenses at less-than-stellar prices will
>>be available for the D600. There is yet another version of the
>>24-85mm - which probably won't be much better than any of the previous
>>versions - and probably a 70-200mm f/4G ED.
>>
>>For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
>>likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. Buyers of these
>>superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having to change
>>lenses, which makes one wonder why on earth they bought an
>>interchangeable lens camera in the first place.

> Maybe they don't want to clean the sensor more than absolutely
> necessary, perhaps because they don't know how or are afraid they'll
> scratch it or something.
>
> Maybe once the economy picks up, camera owners will be more willing to
> risk damaging expensive equipment.
>
> Just a thought. No idea if it's true for a significant number, though
> I would guess it's >0.

Is this sensor cleaning thing a real issue? I realize that dust on the
sensor equals spots on the image, but I've changed lenses in mid-roll on my
film cameras with no ill effects. Does the sensor have a static charge that
attracts dust?

nospam

In article <jrfl44$27o$(E-Mail Removed)>, K W Hart
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is this sensor cleaning thing a real issue? I realize that dust on the
> sensor equals spots on the image, but I've changed lenses in mid-roll on my
> film cameras with no ill effects.

film moves so any dust affects only one photo, and that's if it somehow
gets past the light-tight foam on the cartridge.

> Does the sensor have a static charge that
> attracts dust?

they do but it's not as bad as it used to be. a rocket blower usually
takes care of any dust.

Bruce

"K W Hart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"John A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>For DX fans, Nikon has also announced an 18-300mm superzoom which is
>>>likely to be optically even worse than the 18-200mm. Buyers of these
>>>superzooms seem to place a higher priority on never having to change
>>>lenses, which makes one wonder why on earth they bought an
>>>interchangeable lens camera in the first place.

>> Maybe they don't want to clean the sensor more than absolutely
>> necessary, perhaps because they don't know how or are afraid they'll
>> scratch it or something.
>>
>> Maybe once the economy picks up, camera owners will be more willing to
>> risk damaging expensive equipment.
>>
>> Just a thought. No idea if it's true for a significant number, though
>> I would guess it's >0.

>Is this sensor cleaning thing a real issue?

Only if you are paranoid, ignorant or both. People who buy DSLRs for
their claimed better image quality over a small sensor p&s then give
up most of that gain in image quality by using a junk >10X superzoom
lens could certainly be described as ignorant. But are they also
paranoid? Discuss.

>I realize that dust on the
>sensor equals spots on the image, but I've changed lenses in mid-roll on my
>film cameras with no ill effects. Does the sensor have a static charge that
>attracts dust?

Yes, but many/most DSLR digital sensors have automatic dust removal
routines that operate when the camera is switched on/off. The vast
majority of DSLR buyers will never need the sensors professionally
cleaned. That includes most of those who change their lenses.

d600 can see network, can't connect CTS Wireless Networking 5 01-03-2009 10:06 PM
dell latitude d600 Sab Computer Support 7 11-28-2007 10:49 PM
Samsung D600 and B tYahoo e-mail Paul Computer Support 0 05-15-2006 06:16 PM
802.1x D600 Broadcom Jay Cisco 2 12-17-2004 09:02 PM
keeps losing my wireless connection linksys WRT54GS dell lat d600 =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBN?= Wireless Networking 2 10-29-2004 03:43 PM

Advertisments