Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Moving from Vonage to a free provider

Moving from Vonage to a free provider

Thomas Kenyon

Harry Stottle wrote:
> "Adnokes_NOSCAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jrnqck$i0m$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Bullshit. For one thing they have a high current PSU, and with high
>> current comes heat. You're talking out of your arse!
>>
>> Just Google "pap2 overheating". Dear oh dear.
>>

> I just did that and there are reports of some fake Chinese pap2 units
> being sold on eBay that overheat, genuine ones seem fine.

The ones I've had (in total, years ago I had 4 running in various
places). I never had problems with units overheating.

Don't forget, although these things look the same, there's often several
different hardware versions.

BC

On 21/06/2012 18:00, WendyBurger wrote:

> It came today, I signed up to sipgate and it was all working within a
> few minutes, their step by step guide on how to set it up can't be faulted.
>
> I've put 10 on my account and so far I'm impressed, can't understand
> how they can do it for nowt when I've been paying 3.50 a month to
> Vonage for the same thing.

If you don't plan to make any chargable calls then you didn't even need
to add any credit to the account.

Are Sipgate porting the Vonage number over for you?

Graham.

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:00:23 +0100, WendyBurger <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 17/06/2012 22:48, Graham. wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:59:16 +0100, WendyBurger<(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> Would this be OK?
>>>
>>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNLOCKED-S...#ht_5448wt_902

>> Yes that's fine, I have two of those.
>> You might find that it doesn't come with a RJ11 to British phone plug
>> adapter, so you might need to buy one.
>>

>It came today, I signed up to sipgate and it was all working within a
>few minutes, their step by step guide on how to set it up can't be
>faulted.
>
>I've put 10 on my account and so far I'm impressed, can't understand
>how they can do it for nowt when I've been paying 3.50 a month to
>Vonage for the same thing.

Quite, and Sipgate is by no means the cheapest for call charges. Good
voicemail, including sending the ICMs by email, and 999 access too if
you register your details.

I don't suppose Teresa Jollygoodfellow will be monotoring our forign
based telecoms traffic (BICBW).

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

WendyBurger

On 21/06/2012 18:31, BC wrote:
> On 21/06/2012 18:00, WendyBurger wrote:
>

>> It came today, I signed up to sipgate and it was all working within a
>> few minutes, their step by step guide on how to set it up can't be
>> faulted.
>>
>> I've put 10 on my account and so far I'm impressed, can't understand
>> how they can do it for nowt when I've been paying 3.50 a month to
>> Vonage for the same thing.

> If you don't plan to make any chargable calls then you didn't even need
> to add any credit to the account.
>
> Are Sipgate porting the Vonage number over for you?

I decided against it in the end, it was going to be 20 plus VAT, on top
of that I've been having a lot of private numbers calling me on the old
number which was starting to irritate me.