Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Makefile Linux

Reply
Thread Tools

Makefile Linux

 
 
Stephen Sprunk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2012
On 13-Jun-12 18:40, Barry wrote:
> Op 14-6-2012 1:12, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
>> On 13-Jun-12 07:36, Barry wrote:
>>> It's hard to explain but I think the problem lies in #ifdef isunix
>>> #endif statement.
>>> maybe if you see the source code that a makes a lot clear.
>>> here is the link:
>>> http://members.chello.nl/~b.vandenbos/source.zip

>>
>> This appears to be the source to copyrighted, closed-source software
>> which is available pre-compiled for Linux on the copyright owner's web
>> site.
>>
>> Therefore, I deduce that you have somehow managed to obtain stolen
>> source code and are asking us to help you further your attempts to
>> infringe on the owner's rights by compiling and using this source
>> without a license, which may be a crime not just for you but also for
>> the people you're asking to help you.
>>
>> Nice try, but I deleted the code as soon as I figured out what it was
>> and suggest everyone else do the same--including you, "Barry".

>
> no I got it from them.


If so, just ask them for the makefiles or other scripts that _they_ use
to build the project.

S

--
Stephen Sprunk "God does not play dice." --Albert Einstein
CCIE #3723 "God is an inveterate gambler, and He throws the
K5SSS dice at every possible opportunity." --Stephen Hawking
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2012
Op 14-6-2012 5:34, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
> On 13-Jun-12 18:40, Barry wrote:
>> Op 14-6-2012 1:12, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
>>> On 13-Jun-12 07:36, Barry wrote:
>>>> It's hard to explain but I think the problem lies in #ifdef isunix
>>>> #endif statement.
>>>> maybe if you see the source code that a makes a lot clear.
>>>> here is the link:
>>>> http://members.chello.nl/~b.vandenbos/source.zip
>>>
>>> This appears to be the source to copyrighted, closed-source software
>>> which is available pre-compiled for Linux on the copyright owner's web
>>> site.
>>>
>>> Therefore, I deduce that you have somehow managed to obtain stolen
>>> source code and are asking us to help you further your attempts to
>>> infringe on the owner's rights by compiling and using this source
>>> without a license, which may be a crime not just for you but also for
>>> the people you're asking to help you.
>>>
>>> Nice try, but I deleted the code as soon as I figured out what it was
>>> and suggest everyone else do the same--including you, "Barry".

>>
>> no I got it from them.

>
> If so, just ask them for the makefiles or other scripts that _they_ use
> to build the project.
>
> S
>

that I did this was their response:


Ok, here is the source which seems to compile on windows. Sorry I can't
find the unix make files so you will have to recreate..



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
James Kuyper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2012
On 06/14/2012 07:45 AM, Barry wrote:
> Op 14-6-2012 5:34, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
>> On 13-Jun-12 18:40, Barry wrote:
>>> Op 14-6-2012 1:12, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
>>>> On 13-Jun-12 07:36, Barry wrote:
>>>>> It's hard to explain but I think the problem lies in #ifdef isunix
>>>>> #endif statement.
>>>>> maybe if you see the source code that a makes a lot clear.
>>>>> here is the link:
>>>>> http://members.chello.nl/~b.vandenbos/source.zip
>>>>
>>>> This appears to be the source to copyrighted, closed-source software
>>>> which is available pre-compiled for Linux on the copyright owner's web
>>>> site.
>>>>
>>>> Therefore, I deduce that you have somehow managed to obtain stolen
>>>> source code and are asking us to help you further your attempts to
>>>> infringe on the owner's rights by compiling and using this source
>>>> without a license, which may be a crime not just for you but also for
>>>> the people you're asking to help you.
>>>>
>>>> Nice try, but I deleted the code as soon as I figured out what it was
>>>> and suggest everyone else do the same--including you, "Barry".
>>>
>>> no I got it from them.

>>
>> If so, just ask them for the makefiles or other scripts that _they_ use
>> to build the project.
>>
>> S
>>

> that I did this was their response:
>
>
> Ok, here is the source which seems to compile on windows. Sorry I can't
> find the unix make files so you will have to recreate..


Put the following text in a file named 'makefile' in the same directory
as NetWin's source code:

LDLIBS = -lm
CFLAGS = -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT
dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o

Then type 'make' to build your program.

If you're using gcc, I'd recommend adding the following options to
CFLAGS: -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes

However, note that specifying -std=c99 would force gcc to recognize as
trigraphs things in that code which were obviously not intended to be
trigraphs. Make sure to fix those before using it.

I removed unistd.h from that directory; it seemed like a wildly unsafe
thing to have hanging around. The makefile I've given you does not link
in unixbf.o, which also seemed like a very bad idea. I suspect there's a
lot more similar bad ideas in that code. I'd recommend fixing the code
to remove every single warning message generated by that make command
before actually executing this program.
--
James Kuyper
 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2012
Op 14-6-2012 4:30, James Kuyper schreef:
> On 06/13/2012 10:26 PM, James Kuyper wrote:
> ...
>> Lets start with this. putenv() is an X-Open extension to the C standard
>> library. It is supposed to be declared in<stdlib.h>, which is #included
>> in NetWin's code. Like most such extensions, it uses a name reserved by
>> the C standard library.

>
> Correction: that was supposed to say "... reserved by the C standard for
> users". If it were reserved for the implementation, there wouldn't be an
> issue, but because it's reserved for users, it can't normally be
> declared by the C standard library headers.


Hello James

Thanks for your comment I just can't get together unfortunately.
can you give me the line that you used gcc .......
and must there be c script added at the line for example,
gcc ...... -Disunix nttp.c lprintf.c uuencode.c.... etc.
many thanks for your help.

Barry
 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2012
Op 14-6-2012 14:47, James Kuyper schreef:
> On 06/14/2012 07:45 AM, Barry wrote:
>> Op 14-6-2012 5:34, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
>>> On 13-Jun-12 18:40, Barry wrote:
>>>> Op 14-6-2012 1:12, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
>>>>> On 13-Jun-12 07:36, Barry wrote:
>>>>>> It's hard to explain but I think the problem lies in #ifdef isunix
>>>>>> #endif statement.
>>>>>> maybe if you see the source code that a makes a lot clear.
>>>>>> here is the link:
>>>>>> http://members.chello.nl/~b.vandenbos/source.zip
>>>>>
>>>>> This appears to be the source to copyrighted, closed-source software
>>>>> which is available pre-compiled for Linux on the copyright owner's web
>>>>> site.
>>>>>
>>>>> Therefore, I deduce that you have somehow managed to obtain stolen
>>>>> source code and are asking us to help you further your attempts to
>>>>> infringe on the owner's rights by compiling and using this source
>>>>> without a license, which may be a crime not just for you but also for
>>>>> the people you're asking to help you.
>>>>>
>>>>> Nice try, but I deleted the code as soon as I figured out what it was
>>>>> and suggest everyone else do the same--including you, "Barry".
>>>>
>>>> no I got it from them.
>>>
>>> If so, just ask them for the makefiles or other scripts that _they_ use
>>> to build the project.
>>>
>>> S
>>>

>> that I did this was their response:
>>
>>
>> Ok, here is the source which seems to compile on windows. Sorry I can't
>> find the unix make files so you will have to recreate..

>
> Put the following text in a file named 'makefile' in the same directory
> as NetWin's source code:
>
> LDLIBS = -lm
> CFLAGS = -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT
> dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
> keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
> sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o
>
> Then type 'make' to build your program.
>
> If you're using gcc, I'd recommend adding the following options to
> CFLAGS: -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
>
> However, note that specifying -std=c99 would force gcc to recognize as
> trigraphs things in that code which were obviously not intended to be
> trigraphs. Make sure to fix those before using it.
>
> I removed unistd.h from that directory; it seemed like a wildly unsafe
> thing to have hanging around. The makefile I've given you does not link
> in unixbf.o, which also seemed like a very bad idea. I suspect there's a
> lot more similar bad ideas in that code. I'd recommend fixing the code
> to remove every single warning message generated by that make command
> before actually executing this program.


hi james
thanks again for your help I get 5 files:conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o
chan_dmy.o dnewsweb.o
makefile a use:
LDLIBS = -lm
CFLAGS = -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o





The original binary file dnewsweb is 800Kb
 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-14-2012
Op 14-6-2012 14:47, James Kuyper schreef:
> On 06/14/2012 07:45 AM, Barry wrote:
>> Op 14-6-2012 5:34, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
>>> On 13-Jun-12 18:40, Barry wrote:
>>>> Op 14-6-2012 1:12, Stephen Sprunk schreef:
>>>>> On 13-Jun-12 07:36, Barry wrote:
>>>>>> It's hard to explain but I think the problem lies in #ifdef isunix
>>>>>> #endif statement.
>>>>>> maybe if you see the source code that a makes a lot clear.
>>>>>> here is the link:
>>>>>> http://members.chello.nl/~b.vandenbos/source.zip
>>>>>
>>>>> This appears to be the source to copyrighted, closed-source software
>>>>> which is available pre-compiled for Linux on the copyright owner's web
>>>>> site.
>>>>>
>>>>> Therefore, I deduce that you have somehow managed to obtain stolen
>>>>> source code and are asking us to help you further your attempts to
>>>>> infringe on the owner's rights by compiling and using this source
>>>>> without a license, which may be a crime not just for you but also for
>>>>> the people you're asking to help you.
>>>>>
>>>>> Nice try, but I deleted the code as soon as I figured out what it was
>>>>> and suggest everyone else do the same--including you, "Barry".
>>>>
>>>> no I got it from them.
>>>
>>> If so, just ask them for the makefiles or other scripts that _they_ use
>>> to build the project.
>>>
>>> S
>>>

>> that I did this was their response:
>>
>>
>> Ok, here is the source which seems to compile on windows. Sorry I can't
>> find the unix make files so you will have to recreate..

>
> Put the following text in a file named 'makefile' in the same directory
> as NetWin's source code:
>
> LDLIBS = -lm
> CFLAGS = -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT
> dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
> keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
> sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o
>
> Then type 'make' to build your program.
>
> If you're using gcc, I'd recommend adding the following options to
> CFLAGS: -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
>
> However, note that specifying -std=c99 would force gcc to recognize as
> trigraphs things in that code which were obviously not intended to be
> trigraphs. Make sure to fix those before using it.
>
> I removed unistd.h from that directory; it seemed like a wildly unsafe
> thing to have hanging around. The makefile I've given you does not link
> in unixbf.o, which also seemed like a very bad idea. I suspect there's a
> lot more similar bad ideas in that code. I'd recommend fixing the code
> to remove every single warning message generated by that make command
> before actually executing this program.


make output

cc -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -c -o dnewsweb.o
dnewsweb.c
dnewsweb.c:481: warning: no previous prototype for ‘page_size’
dnewsweb.c:559: warning: no previous prototype for ‘bad_input’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘main’:
dnewsweb.c:607: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘putenv’
dnewsweb.c:685: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ini_true’
dnewsweb.c:790: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ispressed’
dnewsweb.c:881: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘log_use’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:902: warning: no previous prototype for ‘log_use’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘log_use’:
dnewsweb.c:908: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but
argument 3 has type ‘time_t’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘set_utag’:
dnewsweb.c:943: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘user_read’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:969: warning: no previous prototype for ‘ini_true’
dnewsweb.c:1022: warning: no previous prototype for ‘ispressed’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘nntp_read_timeout’:
dnewsweb.c:1054: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘nntp_chanwait’
dnewsweb.c:1052: warning: unused variable ‘i’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:1092: warning: no previous prototype for ‘group_allow’
dnewsweb.c:1105: warning: no previous prototype for ‘group_allow_silent’
dnewsweb.c:1117: warning: no previous prototype for ‘read_pop’
dnewsweb.c:1155: warning: no previous prototype for ‘get_linex’
dnewsweb.c:1184: warning: no previous prototype for ‘get_line_nowrap’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘get_line’:
dnewsweb.c:1209: warning: unused variable ‘slen’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:1272: warning: no previous prototype for ‘show_xbar’
dnewsweb.c:1325: warning: no previous prototype for ‘reverse_xover’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘reverse_xover’:
dnewsweb.c:1333: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘str_insertsn’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:1352: warning: no previous prototype for ‘show_search’
dnewsweb.c:1382: warning: no previous prototype for ‘show_dlist’
dnewsweb.c:1401: warning: no previous prototype for ‘head_get’
dnewsweb.c:1416: warning: no previous prototype for ‘do_content_part’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘show_article_part’:
dnewsweb.c:1604: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ydecode’
dnewsweb.c:1632: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘boundary_check’
dnewsweb.c:1459: warning: unused variable ‘authenticated_user’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:1708: warning: no previous prototype for ‘show_article1’
dnewsweb.c:1779: warning: no previous prototype for ‘show_article3’
dnewsweb.c:1795: warning: no previous prototype for ‘f_postXX’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘f_cancel’:
dnewsweb.c:1836: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘islogin’
dnewsweb.c:1870: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘group_readonly’
dnewsweb.c:1829: warning: unused variable ‘p’
dnewsweb.c:1825: warning: unused variable ‘bf2’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘r_config’:
dnewsweb.c:2006: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘user_write’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘r_login’:
dnewsweb.c:2030: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘pop_check’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:2197: warning: no previous prototype for ‘tpl_show_gsearch’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tpl_show_gsearch’:
dnewsweb.c:2203: warning: unused variable ‘from’
dnewsweb.c:2203: warning: unused variable ‘n’
dnewsweb.c:2202: warning: unused variable ‘i’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:2229: warning: no previous prototype for ‘tpl_show_groups’
dnewsweb.c:2264: warning: no previous prototype for
‘tpl_show_group_list’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tpl_show_group_list’:
dnewsweb.c:2268: warning: unused variable ‘i’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:2331: warning: no previous prototype for ‘user_file’
dnewsweb.c:2358: warning: no previous prototype for ‘ini_work’
dnewsweb.c:2373: warning: no previous prototype for ‘user_write’
dnewsweb.c:2414: warning: no previous prototype for ‘user_read’
dnewsweb.c:2548: warning: no previous prototype for ‘nntp_check’
dnewsweb.c:2565: warning: no previous prototype for ‘pop_check’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘f_login’:
dnewsweb.c:2617: warning: unused variable ‘bf’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:2672: warning: no previous prototype for ‘f_find_xold’
dnewsweb.c:2700: warning: no previous prototype for ‘form_date’
dnewsweb.c:2854: warning: no previous prototype for ‘do_latest_authent’
dnewsweb.c:2878: warning: no previous prototype for ‘group_readonly’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘f_follow’:
dnewsweb.c:2902: warning: unused variable ‘p’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:3037: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype
dnewsweb.c:3050: warning: ISO C does not allow extra ‘;’ outside of
a function
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘show_xline’:
dnewsweb.c:3067: warning: unused variable ‘max’
dnewsweb.c:3057: warning: unused variable ‘frotesm’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:3152: warning: no previous prototype for ‘lib_nore’
dnewsweb.c:3201: warning: no previous prototype for ‘the_cmp’
dnewsweb.c:3210: warning: no previous prototype for ‘sort_the_xover’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘sort_the_xover’:
dnewsweb.c:3213: warning: unused variable ‘s’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:3252: warning: no previous prototype for ‘xover_cmp’
dnewsweb.c:3260: warning: no previous prototype for ‘xover_cmp_old’
dnewsweb.c:3349: warning: no previous prototype for ‘require_login’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘cmd_thread_both’:
dnewsweb.c:3693: warning: unused variable ‘p’
dnewsweb.c:3692: warning: unused variable ‘np’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:3820: warning: no previous prototype for ‘nobble_script’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘r_parts’:
dnewsweb.c:4055: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘decode_url’
dnewsweb.c:4070: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
truth value
dnewsweb.c:4103: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘parts_subject_yenc’
dnewsweb.c:4185: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
truth value
dnewsweb.c:4027: warning: unused variable ‘xbf’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘fix_crlf’:
dnewsweb.c:4273: warning: unused variable ‘wrap’
dnewsweb.c:4272: warning: unused variable ‘len’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:4294: warning: no previous prototype for ‘do_addbr’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘do_addbr’:
dnewsweb.c:4296: warning: unused variable ‘len’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘JLLformat_wrap_output’:
dnewsweb.c:4462: warning: unused variable ‘doneline’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:4565: warning: no previous prototype for ‘fix_email’
dnewsweb.c:4591: warning: no previous prototype for ‘stripeol’
dnewsweb.c:4619: warning: no previous prototype for ‘islogin’
dnewsweb.c:4671: warning: no previous prototype for ‘add_custom_header’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘r_post’:
dnewsweb.c:5011: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid
ambiguous ‘else’
dnewsweb.c:5040: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘base64_encode’
dnewsweb.c:5059: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘uuenc’
dnewsweb.c:4816: warning: label ‘nofrom’ defined but not used
dnewsweb.c:4743: warning: unused variable ‘xout’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘temp_fname’:
dnewsweb.c:5139: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘mktemp’
dnewsweb.c:5139: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘show_dline’:
dnewsweb.c:5217: warning: format not a string literal and no format
arguments
dnewsweb.c:5230: warning: format not a string literal and no format
arguments
dnewsweb.c:5231: warning: too many arguments for format
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:5492: warning: no previous prototype for ‘group_name’
dnewsweb.c:5552: warning: no previous prototype for ‘lib_encode_more’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘value_encode’:
dnewsweb.c:5578: warning: unused variable ‘addend’
dnewsweb.c:5577: warning: unused variable ‘iniso’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:5731: warning: no previous prototype for ‘decode_base64text’
dnewsweb.c:5745: warning: ISO C does not allow extra ‘;’ outside of
a function
dnewsweb.c:5747: warning: no previous prototype for ‘hexbyte’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘hexbyte’:
dnewsweb.c:5753: warning: format ‘%x’ expects type ‘unsigned
int *’, but argument 3 has type ‘int *’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:5758: warning: no previous prototype for ‘decode_quote_eol’
dnewsweb.c:5762: warning: no previous prototype for ‘decode_quote’
dnewsweb.c:5802: warning: no previous prototype for ‘text_encode’
dnewsweb.c:5886: warning: no previous prototype for ‘log_hacker’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘getword’:
dnewsweb.c:5959: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
truth value
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘attach_fname’:
dnewsweb.c:6007: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:6041: warning: no previous prototype for ‘form_get_mime’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘makeword’:
dnewsweb.c:6215: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
truth value
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:6260: warning: no previous prototype for ‘form_find_i’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tohtml’:
dnewsweb.c:6423: warning: too many arguments for format
dnewsweb.c:6424: warning: too many arguments for format
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:6522: warning: no previous prototype for ‘tpl_indenton’
dnewsweb.c:6529: warning: no previous prototype for ‘tpl_indentoff’
dnewsweb.c:6537: warning: no previous prototype for ‘tpl_setindent’
dnewsweb.c:6713: warning: no previous prototype for
‘tpl_get_latest_groups’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tpl_get_latest_groups’:
dnewsweb.c:6718: warning: unused variable ‘i’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tpl_replace’:
dnewsweb.c:6862: warning: format not a string literal and no format
arguments
dnewsweb.c:6864: warning: format not a string literal and no format
arguments
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:7014: warning: no previous prototype for ‘ref_find’
dnewsweb.c:7031: warning: no previous prototype for ‘ref_depth’
dnewsweb.c:7054: warning: no previous prototype for ‘srt_order’
dnewsweb.c:7067: warning: no previous prototype for ‘do_spaces’
dnewsweb.c:7083: warning: no previous prototype for ‘subj_cmp’
dnewsweb.c:7158: warning: no previous prototype for ‘show_kbytes’
dnewsweb.c:7432: warning: no previous prototype for ‘h_replace’
dnewsweb.c:7525: warning: no previous prototype for ‘month_n’
dnewsweb.c:7616: warning: no previous prototype for ‘tpl_show_top’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘show_raw’:
dnewsweb.c:7623: warning: unused variable ‘item’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:7647: warning: no previous prototype for ‘get_body_n’
dnewsweb.c:7664: warning: no previous prototype for ‘trim_quotes’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tpl_init_item’:
dnewsweb.c:7686: warning: unused variable ‘x’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tpl_set_latest_vars’:
dnewsweb.c:7871: warning: unused variable ‘s2’
dnewsweb.c:7870: warning: unused variable ‘bf’
dnewsweb.c:7859: warning: unused variable ‘x’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:8030: warning: no previous prototype for ‘str_sanitize’
dnewsweb.c:8061: warning: no previous prototype for ‘savename’
dnewsweb.c:8106: warning: no previous prototype for ‘boundary_check’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tpl_show_item’:
dnewsweb.c:8218: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid
ambiguous ‘else’
dnewsweb.c:8265: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid
ambiguous ‘else’
dnewsweb.c:8449: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid
ambiguous ‘else’
dnewsweb.c:8160: warning: unused variable ‘b3’
dnewsweb.c:8156: warning: unused variable ‘isyenc’
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
dnewsweb.c:8684: warning: no previous prototype for ‘tomail_read_item’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘cmd_tomail_add’:
dnewsweb.c:8762: warning: unused variable ‘subj’
dnewsweb.c:8760: warning: unused variable ‘item’
dnewsweb.c:8758: warning: unused variable ‘mid’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘cmd_tomail_del’:
dnewsweb.c:8790: warning: unused variable ‘subj’
dnewsweb.c:8788: warning: unused variable ‘item’
dnewsweb.c:8786: warning: unused variable ‘mid’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘display_info’:
dnewsweb.c:8828: warning: unused variable ‘k’
dnewsweb.c: In function ‘tpl_get_nitems’:
dnewsweb.c:8931: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
truth value
dnewsweb.c:8940: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
truth value
dnewsweb.c:8942: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as
truth value
dnewsweb.c: At top level:
memdebug.h:128: warning: ‘m_names’ defined but not used
dnewsweb.c:535: warning: ‘groupe’ defined but not used
dnewsweb.c:6519: warning: ‘tpl_dir’ defined but not used
cc -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -c -o chan_dmy.o
chan_dmy.c
chan_dmy.c:3: warning: no previous prototype for ‘post_seterr’
chan_dmy.c:4: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_elimit’
chan_dmy.c:8: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_isihave’
chan_dmy.c:12: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_isready’
chan_dmy.c:16: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_outspeed’
chan_dmy.c:21: warning: no previous prototype for ‘sponser_enable_free’
chan_dmy.c:26: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_ismore’
chan_dmy.c:31: warning: return type defaults to ‘int’
chan_dmy.c:30: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_ihaveonly’
chan_dmy.c:34: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_nusers’
chan_dmy.c:38: warning: no previous prototype for ‘imsgf’
chan_dmy.c:42: warning: no previous prototype for ‘group_status’
chan_dmy.c:43: warning: no previous prototype for ‘hist_status’
chan_dmy.c:44: warning: no previous prototype for ‘ihavein_clear’
chan_dmy.c:45: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_newchan’
chan_dmy.c:46: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_isfree’
chan_dmy.c:49: warning: no previous prototype for ‘cmd_finish’
chan_dmy.c:50: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_getipnum’
chan_dmy.c:55: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_init’
chan_dmy.c:58: warning: no previous prototype for ‘access_read’
chan_dmy.c:62: warning: no previous prototype for ‘channel_read’
chan_dmy.c:64: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_canpost’
chan_dmy.c:68: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_getipname’
chan_dmy.c:72: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_setipname’
chan_dmy.c:75: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_setipnum’
chan_dmy.c:78: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_cantalk’
chan_dmy.c:82: warning: no previous prototype for ‘suck_do’
chan_dmy.c:83: warning: no previous prototype for ‘group_namelc’
chan_dmy.c:84: warning: no previous prototype for ‘group_namelc_x’
chan_dmy.c:85: warning: no previous prototype for ‘stats_cmd’
chan_dmy.c:86: warning: no previous prototype for ‘stats_end’
cc -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -c -o conf_dmy.o
conf_dmy.c
conf_dmy.c: In function ‘config_set’:
conf_dmy.c:40: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strdup’
conf_dmy.c:40: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
conf_dmy.c: In function ‘config_load’:
conf_dmy.c:57: warning: unused variable ‘j’
conf_dmy.c: At top level:
memdebug.h:128: warning: ‘m_names’ defined but not used
conf.h:514: warning: ‘conf_name’ defined but not used
cc -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -c -o decode.o
decode.c
decode.c: In function ‘decode_rfc1522’:
decode.c:121: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ncpy’
decode.c:153: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘imsg’
decode.c: At top level:
decode.c:163: warning: no previous prototype for ‘ydecode’
decode.c:181: warning: no previous prototype for ‘decode_url’
decode.c: In function ‘decode_url’:
decode.c:195: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strlwr’
decode.c:206: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strtol’
decode.c: At top level:
decode.c:86: warning: ‘alphabet’ defined but not used
cc -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -c -o dnewsdmy.o
dnewsdmy.c
dnewsdmy.c:2: warning: no previous prototype for ‘status_recent’
dnewsdmy.c:6: warning: no previous prototype for ‘fx_total’
dnewsdmy.c:10: warning: no previous prototype for ‘is_reader’
dnewsdmy.c:14: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keeplog’
dnewsdmy.c:17: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_inspeed’
dnewsdmy.c:21: warning: no previous prototype for ‘xxkeylib_check_file’
dnewsdmy.c:26: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype
dnewsdmy.c:29: warning: no previous prototype for ‘mutex_wait’
dnewsdmy.c:32: warning: no previous prototype for ‘mutex_release’
dnewsdmy.c:36: warning: no previous prototype for ‘hist_freechan’
dnewsdmy.c:40: warning: no previous prototype for ‘dnews_memdebug’
dnewsdmy.c:44: warning: no previous prototype for ‘echan_set’
dnewsdmy.c:47: warning: no previous prototype for ‘user_addrej’
dnewsdmy.c:50: warning: no previous prototype for ‘chan_closing’
dnewsdmy.c:53: warning: no previous prototype for ‘lib_checkspace’
dnewsdmy.c:57: warning: no previous prototype for ‘hist_status_s’
dnewsdmy.c:63: warning: no previous prototype for ‘slave_port’
dnewsdmy.c:67: warning: no previous prototype for ‘slave_n’
dnewsdmy.c:71: warning: no previous prototype for ‘is_slave’
dnewsdmy.c:75: warning: no previous prototype for ‘db_spool_dir’
dnewsdmy.c:79: warning: no previous prototype for ‘db_total_space’
dnewsdmy.c:83: warning: no previous prototype for ‘new_make’
dnewsdmy.c:87: warning: no previous prototype for ‘new_test’
dnewsdmy.c:91: warning: no previous prototype for ‘stats_clock’
dnewsdmy.c:95: warning: no previous prototype for ‘stats_add’
dnewsdmy.c:99: warning: no previous prototype for ‘stat_start’
dnewsdmy.c:100: warning: no previous prototype for ‘stat_end’
dnewsdmy.c:103: warning: no previous prototype for ‘dom_free’
dnewsdmy.c:107: warning: no previous prototype for ‘dom_reload’
dnewsdmy.c:111: warning: no previous prototype for ‘dom_add’
dnewsdmy.c:114: warning: no previous prototype for ‘dom_setdom’
dnewsdmy.c:119: warning: no previous prototype for ‘dom_ini_get’
cc -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -c -o keylib.o
keylib.c
In file included from keylib.c:106:
keylib.h:68: warning: missing braces around initializer
keylib.h:68: warning: (near initialization for ‘knames[0]’)
keylib.h:149: warning: missing braces around initializer
keylib.h:149: warning: (near initialization for ‘products[0]’)
keylib.c:215: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keylib_mon_find’
keylib.c:226: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keylib_build_date’
keylib.c:257: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keylib_extend’
keylib.c: In function ‘keylib_new’:
keylib.c:304: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
‘keylib_bintohex’ differ in signedness
keylib.h:318: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type
‘unsigned char *’
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:307: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keylib_host_trim’
keylib.c:315: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keylib_host_new’
keylib.c: In function ‘keylib_check’:
keylib.c:345: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
keylib.c: In function ‘keylib_decode’:
keylib.c:393: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
‘keylib_unpack’ differ in signedness
keylib.h:312: note: expected ‘unsigned char *’ but argument is
of type ‘char *’
keylib.c: In function ‘keylib_host’:
keylib.c:574: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
‘keylib_crc’ differ in signedness
keylib.h:324: note: expected ‘unsigned char *’ but argument is
of type ‘char *’
keylib.c: In function ‘keylib_ask_install’:
keylib.c:760: warning: too many arguments for format
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:1011: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keylib_write_fail’
keylib.c:1030: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keylib_get_fail’
keylib.c:1050: warning: no previous prototype for ‘keylib_temp_file’
keylib.c: In function ‘keylib_check_file’:
keylib.c:1081: warning: unused variable ‘prodid’
keylib.c: In function ‘keylib_idle’:
keylib.c:1202: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but
argument 3 has type ‘time_t’
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:1451: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_close_on_exec’
keylib.c:1522: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_dupaccept’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_dupaccept’:
keylib.c:1526: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘accept’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:214: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:1533: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_dupsocket’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_dupsocket’:
keylib.c:1536: warning: unused variable ‘r’
keylib.c:1535: warning: unused variable ‘sock2’
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:1623: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_isip’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_lookup’:
keylib.c:1665: error: ‘struct hostent’ has no member named ‘h_addr’
keylib.c:1646: warning: unused variable ‘optval’
keylib.c:1642: warning: unused variable ‘dontblock’
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:1671: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_open_raw’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_open_raw’:
keylib.c:1707: error: ‘struct hostent’ has no member named ‘h_addr’
keylib.c:1684: warning: unused variable ‘optval’
keylib.c:1678: warning: unused variable ‘dontblock’
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:1855: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_read_log’
keylib.c:1880: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_socket_write’
keylib.c:1929: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_read_timed_raw’
keylib.c:1966: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_find_dot’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_readbf’:
keylib.c:2131: warning: unused variable ‘loop’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_readline_big’:
keylib.c:2217: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strdup’
keylib.c:2217: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_wait_write’:
keylib.c:2253: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 5 of
‘getsockopt’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:190: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_getip’:
keylib.c:2409: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘getpeername’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:133: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_getip_raw’:
keylib.c:2428: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘getpeername’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:133: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_getmyip’:
keylib.c:2449: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘getsockname’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:119: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_getmyip_raw’:
keylib.c:2467: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘getsockname’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:119: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_getports’:
keylib.c:2482: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘getpeername’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:133: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c:2491: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘getsockname’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:119: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_getport’:
keylib.c:2511: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of
‘getsockname’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:119: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_nodelay’:
keylib.c:2529: warning: unused variable ‘on’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_setrcvbf_raw’:
keylib.c:2554: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 5 of
‘getsockopt’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:190: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c:2559: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 5 of
‘getsockopt’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:190: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_hostname’:
keylib.c:2569: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gethostname’
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:2597: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_setsndbf_raw’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_setsndbf_raw’:
keylib.c:2604: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 5 of
‘getsockopt’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:190: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c:2609: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 5 of
‘getsockopt’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:190: note: expected ‘socklen_t * restrict’
but argument is of type ‘int *’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_error’:
keylib.c:2666: warning: unused variable ‘err’
keylib.c: At top level:
keylib.c:2846: warning: no previous prototype for ‘kkk_lib_usleep’
keylib.c: In function ‘kkk_lib_usleep’:
keylib.c:2849: error: storage size of ‘rqtp’ isn’t known
keylib.c:2852: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘nanosleep’
keylib.c:2849: warning: unused variable ‘rqtp’
make: *** [keylib.o] Fout 1
 
Reply With Quote
 
James Kuyper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-15-2012
On 06/14/2012 10:21 AM, Barry wrote:
> Op 14-6-2012 14:47, James Kuyper schreef:

....
>> Put the following text in a file named 'makefile' in the same directory
>> as NetWin's source code:
>>
>> LDLIBS = -lm
>> CFLAGS = -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT
>> dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
>> keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
>> sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o
>>
>> Then type 'make' to build your program.
>>
>> If you're using gcc, I'd recommend adding the following options to
>> CFLAGS: -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
>> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
>>
>> However, note that specifying -std=c99 would force gcc to recognize as
>> trigraphs things in that code which were obviously not intended to be
>> trigraphs. Make sure to fix those before using it.
>>
>> I removed unistd.h from that directory; it seemed like a wildly unsafe
>> thing to have hanging around. The makefile I've given you does not link
>> in unixbf.o, which also seemed like a very bad idea. I suspect there's a
>> lot more similar bad ideas in that code. I'd recommend fixing the code
>> to remove every single warning message generated by that make command
>> before actually executing this program.

>
> make output


[Lots of warnings snipped]
> cc -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith
> -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -c -o keylib.o
> keylib.c


[Lots more warnings snipped]
> keylib.c:1665: error: ‘struct hostent’ has no member named ‘h_addr’

[Lots more warnings and error messages snipped]

I did indicate that using all of my recommended options would increase
the amount of cleanup work you'd have to do to get this code working.

Everything I'm about to say is specific to my system, which seems to be
sufficiently similar to yours to allow such comments. That error message
is a consequence of turning on -std=c99, which turns on __STRICT_ANSI,
In /usr/include/features.h, that prevents _BSD_SOURCE or _SVID_SOURCE
from being #defined, with the result that __USE_MISC is also not #defined.

netdb.h contains the following lines:
> #include <features.h>

....
> #if defined __USE_MISC || defined __USE_GNU
> # define h_addr h_addr_list[0] /* Address, for backward compatibility.*/
> #endif


Note that according to the C standard, you're allowed to use an h_addr
as an ordinary identifier: you can use it as a function, variable, or
typedef name, as a struct, union, or enumeration tag, as an enumerator
or as a label. None of those uses will work properly if __USE_MISC or
__USE_GNU is #defined, which is why __STRICT_ANSI turns them off. If I
compile with -std=gnu99, all of the error messages disappear; that
should probably work on your system too.

I strongly recommend that you compile with -std=c99, and fix the code so
as to avoid all of the error and warning messages - but I doubt that
your C skills are up to that task. If you don't fix the code, I wouldn't
recommend executing it. That long list of warning messages includes some
very disturbing ones.
--
James Kuyper
 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-15-2012
Op 15-6-2012 13:56, James Kuyper schreef:
> On 06/14/2012 10:21 AM, Barry wrote:
>> Op 14-6-2012 14:47, James Kuyper schreef:

> ...
>>> Put the following text in a file named 'makefile' in the same directory
>>> as NetWin's source code:
>>>
>>> LDLIBS = -lm
>>> CFLAGS = -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT
>>> dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
>>> keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
>>> sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o
>>>
>>> Then type 'make' to build your program.
>>>
>>> If you're using gcc, I'd recommend adding the following options to
>>> CFLAGS: -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
>>> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
>>>
>>> However, note that specifying -std=c99 would force gcc to recognize as
>>> trigraphs things in that code which were obviously not intended to be
>>> trigraphs. Make sure to fix those before using it.
>>>
>>> I removed unistd.h from that directory; it seemed like a wildly unsafe
>>> thing to have hanging around. The makefile I've given you does not link
>>> in unixbf.o, which also seemed like a very bad idea. I suspect there's a
>>> lot more similar bad ideas in that code. I'd recommend fixing the code
>>> to remove every single warning message generated by that make command
>>> before actually executing this program.

>>
>> make output

>
> [Lots of warnings snipped]
>> cc -Disunix -D_SVID_OBJECT -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith
>> -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -c -o keylib.o
>> keylib.c

>
> [Lots more warnings snipped]
>> keylib.c:1665: error: ‘struct hostent’ has no member named ‘h_addr’

> [Lots more warnings and error messages snipped]
>
> I did indicate that using all of my recommended options would increase
> the amount of cleanup work you'd have to do to get this code working.
>
> Everything I'm about to say is specific to my system, which seems to be
> sufficiently similar to yours to allow such comments. That error message
> is a consequence of turning on -std=c99, which turns on __STRICT_ANSI,
> In /usr/include/features.h, that prevents _BSD_SOURCE or _SVID_SOURCE
> from being #defined, with the result that __USE_MISC is also not #defined.
>
> netdb.h contains the following lines:
>> #include<features.h>

> ...
>> #if defined __USE_MISC || defined __USE_GNU
>> # define h_addr h_addr_list[0] /* Address, for backward compatibility.*/
>> #endif

>
> Note that according to the C standard, you're allowed to use an h_addr
> as an ordinary identifier: you can use it as a function, variable, or
> typedef name, as a struct, union, or enumeration tag, as an enumerator
> or as a label. None of those uses will work properly if __USE_MISC or
> __USE_GNU is #defined, which is why __STRICT_ANSI turns them off. If I
> compile with -std=gnu99, all of the error messages disappear; that
> should probably work on your system too.
>
> I strongly recommend that you compile with -std=c99, and fix the code so
> as to avoid all of the error and warning messages - but I doubt that
> your C skills are up to that task. If you don't fix the code, I wouldn't
> recommend executing it. That long list of warning messages includes some
> very disturbing ones.


Hello James

thanks for the effort
You're right, my only programming experience is gw-basic
it amazed me that netwin produces such sloppy code.
so there is no way to compile a good dnewsweb program?

Barry


and when I compile the code this makefile

#---- Beginning of Makefile ----

LDLIBS = -lm



CFLAGS = -Disunix -Dunix -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c99 -Wall -W

dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o

#------- End of Makefile -------


i get a program 369kb the original binary file dnewsweb is 800Kb??

Barry
 
Reply With Quote
 
James Kuyper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-15-2012
On 06/15/2012 02:31 PM, Barry wrote:
....
> You're right, my only programming experience is gw-basic
> it amazed me that netwin produces such sloppy code.


Most code is sloppy, and my standards are a little higher than most.
Other people with comparably high standards may still have different
standards than I do, and therefore would find much to criticize even in
my own code.

Still - it's been a long time since I've seen that many warnings
produced that small a body of code.

> so there is no way to compile a good dnewsweb program?

....

Find something else more modern that serves the same purpose? NetWin's
own web site recommends SurgeNews over DNewsWeb.

> and when I compile the code this makefile
>
> #---- Beginning of Makefile ----
>
> LDLIBS = -lm
>
>
>
> CFLAGS = -Disunix -Dunix -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c99 -Wall -W
>
> dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
> keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
> sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o
>
> #------- End of Makefile -------
>
>
> i get a program 369kb the original binary file dnewsweb is 800Kb??


It's very nearly pointless to compare binary file sizes unless you know
that the same compilers and the same command line options were used.
Also, I dropped the unixbf.c module; that probably reduced the binary
size a bit.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-15-2012
Op 15-6-2012 20:58, James Kuyper schreef:
> On 06/15/2012 02:31 PM, Barry wrote:
> ...
>> You're right, my only programming experience is gw-basic
>> it amazed me that netwin produces such sloppy code.

>
> Most code is sloppy, and my standards are a little higher than most.
> Other people with comparably high standards may still have different
> standards than I do, and therefore would find much to criticize even in
> my own code.
>
> Still - it's been a long time since I've seen that many warnings
> produced that small a body of code.
>
>> so there is no way to compile a good dnewsweb program?

> ...
>
> Find something else more modern that serves the same purpose? NetWin's
> own web site recommends SurgeNews over DNewsWeb.
>
>> and when I compile the code this makefile
>>
>> #---- Beginning of Makefile ----
>>
>> LDLIBS = -lm
>>
>>
>>
>> CFLAGS = -Disunix -Dunix -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c99 -Wall -W
>>
>> dnewsweb: chan_dmy.o conf_dmy.o decode.o dnewsdmy.o dnewsweb.o \
>> keylib.o lib.o lprintf.o memdebug.o mime64.o nntp.o parsedate.o \
>> sary.o uuencode.o web_mem.o web_str.o wild.o
>>
>> #------- End of Makefile -------
>>
>>
>> i get a program 369kb the original binary file dnewsweb is 800Kb??

>
> It's very nearly pointless to compare binary file sizes unless you know
> that the same compilers and the same command line options were used.
> Also, I dropped the unixbf.c module; that probably reduced the binary
> size a bit.



I know there are better programs than dnewsweb but i like it very much.


what does unixbf.c do , it is important for the program?


and by the way I think you are a very good programmer my respect and
thanks for all effort.

Barry
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to execute a makefile from LINUX system. gaurav kashyap Python 2 10-21-2008 06:14 AM
Re: Is Netscape Leaving Firefox Behind on GNU/Linux? THE LINUX PROPAGANDA MACHINE CONTINUES. FIREFOX IGNORING LINUX............. traci.manicotti@gmail.com Computer Support 2 10-20-2007 02:12 PM
Linux... yeah linux.. Linux Have a nice cup of pee NZ Computing 19 04-17-2006 10:16 AM
how to make linux makefile work in visual c++? chenqy2004@gmail.com C Programming 4 06-03-2005 01:44 AM
how to compile .vhd files one by one using makefile MACEI'S VHDL 0 07-10-2003 05:18 PM



Advertisments