Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: [Q] How to specify options for 'setup.py install' by environmentvariable?

Re: [Q] How to specify options for 'setup.py install' by environmentvariable?

Makoto Kuwata

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Ned Deily <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Thank you Ned,
>> but I can't find environment variable name on that page which is
>> equivarent to '--install-scripts' or other options.

> Sorry, I wasn't clear. *Using the Distutils config files would be
> instead of setting environment variables. *For example, you could do
> something like this:
>
> $ cat >$HOME/.pydistutils.cfg <<EOF
> [install]
> prefix = local
> install-scripts = local/bin
> EOF
>
> That will apply globally whenever you run a Distutils script, unless it
> is overridden by a $PWD/setup.cfg file with an [install] section.

Thank you Ned, I'm clear.
You mean that there is no environment variable equivarent to options,
therefore I should create configuration file of distutils.
I'll try it. Thank you.

--
regards,
makoto kuwata