Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > FastVoip bites the dust

FastVoip bites the dust

Theo Markettos

Once upon a time this was a promising alternative to Betamax. Only it
didn't work. No real surprise at this then:

---
Dear Valued FastVoip user/reseller,

FastVoip is writing to let you know that we will no longer be
providing service starting October 1st, 2012. From September 1st 2012,
you will no longer be able to add credit to your account.

Be sure you will use you credit before October 1st 2012.
etc
---

I suspect it won't affect many people here, but thought I'd mention it just
in case anyone was still using them.

Theo

Graham.

On 11 Jun 2012 13:31:02 +0100 (BST), Theo Markettos
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Once upon a time this was a promising alternative to Betamax. Only it
>didn't work. No real surprise at this then:
>
>---
>Dear Valued FastVoip user/reseller,
>
>FastVoip is writing to let you know that we will no longer be
>providing service starting October 1st, 2012. From September 1st 2012,
>you will no longer be able to add credit to your account.
>
>Be sure you will use you credit before October 1st 2012.
>etc
>---
>
>I suspect it won't affect many people here, but thought I'd mention it just
>in case anyone was still using them.
>
>Theo

Yes I just got the same email. I signed up for an account in mid May
2011 as I think did you. I was never comfortable enough with them to
send them any money.
Here is the thread about it to which we both contributed.
https://groups.google.com/group/uk.t...d00017351967cb

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Harry Stottle

"Theo Markettos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k5i*(E-Mail Removed)...

> Once upon a time this was a promising alternative to Betamax. Only it
> didn't work. No real surprise at this then:
>
> ---
> Dear Valued FastVoip user/reseller,
>
> FastVoip is writing to let you know that we will no longer be
> providing service starting October 1st, 2012. From September 1st 2012,
> you will no longer be able to add credit to your account.
>
> Be sure you will use you credit before October 1st 2012.
> etc
> ---

Are they offering a refund of credit if it isn't used up?

Brian A

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:47:28 +0100, Harry Stottle wrote:

> "Theo Markettos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:k5i*(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Once upon a time this was a promising alternative to Betamax. Only it
>> didn't work. No real surprise at this then:
>>
>> ---
>> Dear Valued FastVoip user/reseller,
>>
>> FastVoip is writing to let you know that we will no longer be providing
>> service starting October 1st, 2012. From September 1st 2012,
>> you will no longer be able to add credit to your account.
>>
>> Be sure you will use you credit before October 1st 2012.
>> etc ---
>>

> Are they offering a refund of credit if it isn't used up?

I think if you used a credit card, and didn't get what you paid for, you
can apply to the card company for a refund if FastVoip are not
forthcoming with a refund.