Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > MSI R7770 Power Edition

MSI R7770 Power Edition

Becky Becky is offline
Administrator
Becky's Avatar

Neo Seeker have reviewed the MSI R7770 Power Edition which they describe as a strong option for gaming at or below 1680x1050:

Quote:
"The AMD Radeon HD 7770 is a cost effective graphics card designed for the mainstream market. Donít let this fool you though, as it comes equipped with AMD Graphics Core Next architecture, 640 Streaming Processors and 1GB of GDDR5 memory, allowing it to pack quite a punch when it comes to both compute and gaming performance. Of course it doesnít offer the same level of performance as the big boys, but it can hold its own when gaming at or below 1080p resolution.

The HD 7770 we are examining in this review comes to us from MSI and is part of their Power Edition series. This graphics card comes with improved features such as higher clock speeds, enhanced power circuitry and a custom thermal solution. The thermal solution that comes with this model has a bit of a twist; instead of simply sporting a single or dual fan design, the MSI R7770 Power Edition (PE) comes with two fans, one of them is separate and optional. This is a unique take on a dual-fan thermal solution, and it allows the user to customize the graphics card to either fit into a small form factor case or deliver the best thermal performance."
You can read the full review here.