Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Volume on Philips Monitor

Reply
Thread Tools

Volume on Philips Monitor

 
 
Frank Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-10-2012
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 01:10:06 +1200, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>
>"Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
>newsart1of1.1.G5vw%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>"Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
>>>newsart1of1.1.ossE$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>>On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 00:57:44 +1200, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>>>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>>>news:rrd2t7584p793g5u0ifdm9vq3f79nc0i90@4ax. com...
>>>>>>> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 10:45:30 +1200, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>news:tm92t7ln14k38tellrpvtd37n4bllaf898@4a x.com...
>>>>>>>>> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 00:09:20 +1200, "Geopelia"
>>>>>>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>>>news:jqoqvi$l1f$(E-Mail Removed)...

Geo, what Robin said. Look for oblong buttons with + and - near
>>Thank you
>>>>>>Geopelia
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Tony
>>>>
>>>
>>>I don't know if this computer has Chinese language, all Asian language
>>>spam
>>>comes in looking like Greek characters.
>>>
>>>I think I have fixed the problem now.
>>>Thanks to all
>>>
>>>Geopelia

>>
>> Delighted to hear it Geo. My comments were not aimed at you by the way.
>> Tony

>
>Thank you, that's nice to know!
>I'm well aware how ignorant I am where computers are concerned.
>



Your problem is you do not listen to any ones advice here, go back to
Knitting
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-11-2012

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 01:10:06 +1200, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
>>newsart1of1.1.G5vw%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>"Tony" <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote in message
>>>>newsart1of1.1.ossE$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>>>On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 00:57:44 +1200, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>>>>wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>>>>news:rrd2t7584p793g5u0ifdm9vq3f79nc0i90@4ax .com...
>>>>>>>> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 10:45:30 +1200, "Geopelia"
>>>>>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>>news:tm92t7ln14k38tellrpvtd37n4bllaf898@4 ax.com...
>>>>>>>>>> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 00:09:20 +1200, "Geopelia"
>>>>>>>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>>>>news:jqoqvi$l1f$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Geo, what Robin said. Look for oblong buttons with + and - near
>>>Thank you
>>>>>>>Geopelia
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Tony
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>I don't know if this computer has Chinese language, all Asian language
>>>>spam
>>>>comes in looking like Greek characters.
>>>>
>>>>I think I have fixed the problem now.
>>>>Thanks to all
>>>>
>>>>Geopelia
>>>
>>> Delighted to hear it Geo. My comments were not aimed at you by the way.
>>> Tony

>>
>>Thank you, that's nice to know!
>>I'm well aware how ignorant I am where computers are concerned.
>>

>
>
> Your problem is you do not listen to any ones advice here, go back to
> Knitting


Cheeky!

I appreciate the advice kind people give me here, even if I don't always
take it.
Often I don't understand the technical stuff.
I think I've asked a simple question, (which button does what?) but it ends
up in a long thread with folks arguing with each other, way above my head.
But it's a free country, and I don't mind making a fool of myself.

(And at least I can knit, so many girls today can't.)

Geopelia


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Enkidu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-12-2012
On 12/06/12 01:06, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> Your problem is you do not listen to any ones advice here, go back to
>> Knitting

>
> Cheeky!
>

No, not cheeky. Just plain rude.
>
> I appreciate the advice kind people give me here, even if I don't always
> take it.
>

As does everyone. With the exception of Roger/Frank,

Cheers,

Cliff
 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-13-2012
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Tony wrote:
> Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[snip]
>> MY FACTS ARE 1000% CORRECT, TRY AND PROVE THAT THEY ARE NOT THEN
>> APLOGISE TO ME.

>
> I never said I was more right than you, but unlike you I do not post
> rude messages to nice friendly ladies who are asking for help. I also
> do not shout at them using capital letters, unlike you.
> You are insensitive and I think probably a bully, certainly your
> posts often include bullying words.


The second bit I think Tony. I seriously doubt that he's got the stones to
be a bully IRL. However, when it comes to bullying gentle older women on
usenet he's a shining example of an impotent keyboard warrior.
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a
cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

> That is reinforced by the fact
> that you post anonymously. Anonymous posting is fine except when
> people are abusive anonymously; that is cowardice.
> "This person" has always been polite and grateful for any help she
> receives, can you say the same? I don't think so!
> Not even God would claim to be one thousand percent correct, in fact
> if you understood simple logic you would understand that exceeding
> one hundred percent correct is impossible - by definition.
>
> Tony




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
philips monitor problem jils Computer Support 4 07-01-2009 03:21 AM
Contacting Philips helpline regarding Monitor warranty Pacific Dragon NZ Computing 4 06-23-2005 12:31 PM
Monitor Picture shrinks every moment, Philips 107X43: FCC ID: A3KM112 Thaqalain Computer Support 5 06-10-2005 12:57 AM
Computer monitor flickering, Philips 107X43: FCC ID: A3KM112 Thaqalain Computer Support 17 05-27-2005 05:02 AM
DVD Verdict reviews: SAMURAI CHAMPLOO (VOLUME 2), CHRONO CRUSADE: THE DEVIL TO PAY (VOLUME 4), and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 05-26-2005 08:12 AM



Advertisments