Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Doors - always open

Re: [SI] Doors - always open

watchmaker

Alan Browne wrote:

> Some latecomers.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

I'm late with my thoughts on some of the submissions:

Dan Petre 2 - A beautiful door & octagonal transom, made into a
hilarious photo with the ADT alarm box echoing the transom window. The
textures and warmth of the stone and wood are very good.

Peter Newman Essential Door - A mundane view made interesting by the
curved metallic reflections. Cropping gives excellent proportions.

Peter Newman Garden Door - A picture within a picture, the two hedges
are the strongest elements, the eye is led to them by the water lilies.
I'm not sure if the herringbone-paved road/walkway wants to take up a
little less of the vertical sequence.

Bowser 02 - This is one of my favorites, and not just because I
submitted a bricked up door. The overall balance is excellent with the
two main elements displaying what can be done with overall symmetry
without being static. The wires entering the window lead the eye to the
conduit exiting the door, another dynamic element. The colors and
textures unify the whole.

PeterN

On 6/6/2012 6:47 AM, watchmaker wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote:
>>
>> Some latecomers.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors
>>

> I'm late with my thoughts on some of the submissions:
>

> Dan Petre 2 - A beautiful door & octagonal transom, made into a
> hilarious photo with the ADT alarm box echoing the transom window. The
> textures and warmth of the stone and wood are very good.
>
> Peter Newman Essential Door - A mundane view made interesting by the
> curved metallic ref second glance the iOnlections. Cropping gives excellent proportions.

The reflections are what intrigued me.

> Peter Newman Garden Door - A picture within a picture, the two hedges
> are the strongest elements, the eye is led to them by the water lilies.
> I'm not sure if the herringbone-paved road/walkway wants to take up a
> little less of the vertical sequence.

Thanks for your comments.
I agree the garden could be less sparse.

--
Peter