Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Configuration inheritance problem

Configuration inheritance problem

Raj

Hi all,
I have two asp.net applications hosted on my web server. One of them
is hosted at the root level and the other one is located one virtual
directory beneath the root app. Now the problem I am having is that the
httphandler section in the root application's web.config has a library
reference which is not included in the app that is one directory below.
It has its own httphandlers section. When I access the application in
the root directory everything works fine, but asp.net does not like
accessing the app in the virtual directory and always complains that
"File or assembly name xx.yy.BusinessLayer, or one of its dependencies,
was not found.
". My question is how to specify the httphandlers section applies only
to root directory and not to the one below that.

Note: I already tried <location path="sub"> and all the settings in the
root web.config file, but it still tries to apply the root directory
httphandlers setting to the sub directory.

Thanks
RK