Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Doors - "The Words"

Re: Doors - "The Words"

RichA

On Jun 4, 10:21*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2012-06-04 16:16:35 -0700, SI Committee
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

> >http://www.pbase.com/shootin/doors

> Damn! This is getting so encouraging I am just going to have to make a
> few comments.
>
> Tim Conway:
> Doors-01:
> At some time this could have been an interesting choice of door.
> However there seems to be something very wrong regarding focus in some
> of the recent images you have submitted, this is another. The entire
> image is OOF. I suspect there is an issue with the camera, and/or lens
> you are using. I am thinking of the focus issues with your Macro-03 &
> Macro-03.
>
> Savageduck (Yours Truly):
> Doors-01:
> This is what happens to barn doors in earthquake country. It hasn't
> been worthwhile closing the padlock on the doors for years.
> Doors-02:
> P-51D undercarriage doors, are doors, aren't they?
> Doors-03:
> This was a door on a galvanized metal feed bin. I guess somebody got
> frustrated opening the door and tried to use a 12 gauge "master key".
> then he or others just shot it up in frustration.
>
> Tony Cooper:
> Doors-01:
> Great old weathered paneled door showing a wonderful patina on the
> hinges and the blue framing contrasted with the faded red wall. Nice.
> Doors-02:
> Your back room?
> I was hoping for something like this, and you did not disappoint.
> Another shot I like, of what looks like a well used library.
> Doors-03:
> Great texture captured with the contrasting light showing through the
> interior door. It seems somebody without beer decided to go right in.
> BTW: if I didn't know better I might believe you were dabbling with a
> little tone work, or dare I say it HDR here.
>
> Mystery Shooter (Could this be Sid or Otter?):
> Doors-01:
> Nice B&W work of an interesting doorway. It would be great to know more
> of the history of this place. What is truly odd is, they chose to fit a
> fire hose connection in the bricked up doorway.
> Doors-02:
> Another nice B&W conversion. Great texturing, and patterns created by
> the brickwork. Then there is the sense of mystery created by the
> partially open roll-up. They seem to like the idea of odd pipes growing
> from their building.
>
> Ron:
> Doors-01:
> Interesting capture with an air of mystery created by the wide gap
> between the two doors allowing a glimpse of what is beyond. Even more
> strange is a modern lock which does not look as if it could function
> because of that gap.
> Doors-02:
> This is a wonderful door. Crude in structure, inset into a weathered
> [...]

Yes, unfortunately, there was a 300lb table parked right in front of
the doors and I was unable to move it. You work with what you have!
But I could also use a tilt-shift lens for architecture too.