Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Macro/Closeup

Re: Macro/Closeup

PeterN

On 5/30/2012 6:36 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Savageduck<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> 'Twas ever thus.

>> Why take Rich's word for the work submitted?

> Because I have seen the submissions and I agree entirely with Rich's
> comments. Once again the SI plumbs the depths of mediocrity and
> incompetence. But y'all seem to enjoy it, and it never gets any
> better no matter what is said, so who cares?

Why do I suspect that you saw the same images as Rich saw, at the time
of his posting/

--
Peter

PeterN

On 5/31/2012 6:22 AM, Bruce wrote:
> Huuter<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Because I have seen the submissions and I agree entirely with Rich's
>>> comments.

>> Here's a Tony "Bruce" Polson professional product shot:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/all6e7aqk8zs8vt/TP%20TEAC.jpg
>>
>> Then there are the choo-choo shots...
>>
>> So, really, you don't have much to contribute... as usual.

> Funny how Alan Browne can fake a Usenet post so it appears to come
> from somewhere exotic but still cannot produce a decent shot for the
> SI after nine years of not trying?
>
> To learn absolutely nothing about photography in NINE YEARS is quite a
> non-achievement.
>
> A non-award winner for a lifetime of non-achievement and failure.

Was that the opening of your autobiography?

--
Peter

PeterN

On 5/31/2012 6:00 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2012-05-31 14:07:40 -0700, alan1browne <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> Funny how Alan Browne can fake a Usenet post so it appears to come
>>> from somewhere exotic but still cannot produce a decent shot for the
>>> SI after nine years of not trying?
>>>
>>> To learn absolutely nothing about photography in NINE YEARS is quite a
>>> non-achievement.
>>>
>>> A non-award winner for a lifetime of non-achievement and failure.

>> Isn't this what psychologists refer to as projection? Polson is so
>> predictably vindictive.
>>
>> Ever since I called out Polson to "Walk the walk" and show his implied
>> photographic prowess, he has been on my ass.
>>
>> So be it - good for a wry laugh if little else.

> "Bruce/TonyP" has created a shell of a legend so he can function in in
> these photo groups. He down plays his role in sales at the "camera shop"
> establishment where he "works", saying he deals with used equipment in
> one breath, but has all the knowledge of an owner, or store manager when
> it comes to discussion via Usenet. I suspect that is to establish his
> "legend" as the gallant knight errant photographer of the usenet, who is
> never to be challenged. If challenged, he will pierce the offender with
> his lance of pompous scorn.
>
> Whatever happens he has firmly lodged himself into a mythology of
> expertise from which he cannot gracefully extricate himself. It has a
> "Walter Mittyish" touch to it.
> The behavior is an indication of deep insecurity and a lack of true self
> confidence.
>
> I often wonder if "Bruce/TonyP" has a genetic/psychological connection
> with the long absent "DMac" and his multiple persona.
>
> So much claimed, so little proven.

Did you notice that at one time he talked about Olympus people, who
worked in a department that I had friends in, he failed to provide
additional details and quickly stated he would not respond to my postings.

--
Peter