Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > List prices

List prices

JohnO

On Jun 1, 12:16*pm, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 14:57:09 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

> >> Yep, but the List Price should be the RRP, or MRP, and be the same foreach
> >> retailer.

> >Why? It should be up to the retailer to decide how much margin they
> >want out of each item.

> That's the problem *in New Zealand why things costs some 5 times the
> prices than oversea, even the milk is 1/2 the price in the US..
>
> New Zealand *the rip off country.

Then start your own store and undercut them. You'll be rich, Woger!

> >> geoff

JohnO

On Jun 1, 12:16*pm, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 14:57:09 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

> >> Yep, but the List Price should be the RRP, or MRP, and be the same foreach
> >> retailer.

> >Why? It should be up to the retailer to decide how much margin they
> >want out of each item.

> That's the problem *in New Zealand why things costs some 5 times the

REALLY? Let's have an example of something that costs 5 times more in
NZ than the US then.

> prices than oversea, even the milk is 1/2 the price in the US..
>
> New Zealand *the rip off country.
>

> >> geoff

Frank Williams

On Thu, 31 May 2012 21:58:27 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Jun 1, 12:16*pm, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 May 2012 14:57:09 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>> >Why? It should be up to the retailer to decide how much margin they
>> >want out of each item.

>> That's the problem *in New Zealand why things costs some 5 times the
>> prices than oversea, even the milk is 1/2 the price in the US..
>>
>> New Zealand *the rip off country.

>Then start your own store and undercut them. You'll be rich, Woger!

Think before you post again the suppliers are also ripping us off, so
how can you reduce the price.

Take a look at The Warehouse Gray Imports but the US wants that banned..

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:
> On Jun 1, 12:16 pm, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 May 2012 14:57:09 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> Why? It should be up to the retailer to decide how much margin they
>>> want out of each item.

>> That's the problem in New Zealand why things costs some 5 times the

> REALLY? Let's have an example of something that costs 5 times more in
> NZ than the US then.

Cocaine?
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Enkidu

On 03/06/12 10:01, EMB wrote:
> On 1/06/2012 11:17 a.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, many/most don't display a RRP ... just a "normally" ?
>>

> Doesn't a RRP fall foul of the price fixing legislation?

No, you can RRP what you like and adjust it as you see fit. RRP means
"ask me for a discount".

Cheers,

Cliff

Murray Symon

EMB wrote:

> On 3/06/2012 11:38 a.m., Enkidu wrote:

>>> Doesn't a RRP fall foul of the price fixing legislation?
>> >

>> No, you can RRP what you like and adjust it as you see fit. RRP means
>> "ask me for a discount".

> I was more meaning a manufacturer/distributor mandated RRP.

The first "R" is for "Recommended".

JohnO

On Jun 1, 6:21*pm, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 21:58:27 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jun 1, 12:16*pm, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> That's the problem *in New Zealand why things costs some 5 times the
> >> prices than oversea, even the milk is 1/2 the price in the US..

> >> New Zealand *the rip off country.

> >Then start *your own store and undercut them. You'll be rich, Woger!

> Think before you post again the suppliers are also ripping us off, so
> how can you reduce the price.

Take your own advice dumbo. My point, that you are too thick to grasp,
was to not use local suppliers.

> Take a look at The Warehouse Gray Imports but the US wants that banned.

Duh!

JohnO

On Jun 2, 11:41*am, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnO wrote:
>

> > On Jun 1, 12:16 pm, Frank Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> That's the problem in New Zealand why things costs some 5 times the

> > REALLY? Let's have an example of something that costs 5 times more in
> > NZ than the US then.

> Cocaine?

LOL!

> --
> Shaun.
>
> "Humans will have advanced a long, long, way when religious belief has a
> cozy little classification in the DSM."
> David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

JohnO

On Jun 5, 8:56*am, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> JohnO wrote:

> >> Yep, but the List Price should be the RRP, or MRP, and be the same
> >> for each retailer.

> > Why? It should be up to the retailer to decide how much margin they
> > want out of each item.

> It is. That's why RRP is RECOMMENDED RETRetail Price and MSRP is Maximum
> SUGGESTED Retail Price. *It's a guidline.

Not if you make it the list price. The retailer is obliged to sell at
that price under fair trading laws. Advertising sale prices against
list prices that are not genuine is illegal.

> You want no guidelines ? Fine.

As I said, if the retailer prints the MRP or RRP as their list price
they are *required* to be genuine.

> geoff

bugalugs

On 5/06/2012 10:06 a.m., JohnO wrote:
> On Jun 5, 8:56 am, "geoff"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> JohnO wrote:

>>> Why? It should be up to the retailer to decide how much margin they
>>> want out of each item.

>> It is. That's why RRP is RECOMMENDED RETRetail Price and MSRP is Maximum
>> SUGGESTED Retail Price. It's a guidline.

> Not if you make it the list price. The retailer is obliged to sell at
> that price under fair trading laws. Advertising sale prices against
> list prices that are not genuine is illegal.
>

>> You want no guidelines ? Fine.

> As I said, if the retailer prints the MRP or RRP as their list price
> they are *required* to be genuine.
>

>> geoff

But who is the "they" who sets the RRP or MSRP. What authority do they
have over the control of prices and is that price the price over the
whole country, one district or one retail chain.