Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > The Leap - finally a ($70) successor to the mouse?

The Leap - finally a ($70) successor to the mouse?

Ralph Fox

The 5 links are here: http://tinyurl.com/d3nce2j

> I'm assuming that it's a derivative of the 'Kinect' system?

s/derivative/reminiscent/

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Rich80105@hotmail.com

On Sun, 27 May 2012 09:57:43 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On 26/05/2012 11:34 p.m., http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) threw some characters
>down the intarwebs:
>> On Sat, 26 May 2012 23:03:55 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> On 26/05/2012 5:25 p.m., Possible wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Yet again you're spamming other people's crap and telling lies in the
>>> process. It isn't $70 in any way relevant to the newsgroups you've
>>> posted to - it's NZ$93, plus NZ$17 shipping. That's a total of $110 of
>>> the sort any readers here will be paying - would you mind handing over
>>> the missing $40 to me so I can order one?
>>>
>>> Why don't you either get your information correct or just STFU?

>> EMB, I am impressed that you sorted out the shipping cost in $NZ.
>> Since they don't ship until December 2012 / January 2013, can you tell
>> us who you are able to order from wioth fixed shipping costs in $NZ?
>>

>You really do go out of your way to make a complete prat of yourself
>don't you RichBot. The prices are fixed in USD, and EMB was quoting the
>costs at the prevailing exchange rate I would assume.

And implying that the OP had been lying in using the figure of $70. I
was poionting out that he was similarly "lying". EMB would try and
find fault in the sermon from the mount . . .

Gordon

On 2012-05-26, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 26/05/2012 5:25 p.m., Possible wrote:
>
><snip>
>
> Yet again you're spamming other people's crap and telling lies in the
> process. It isn't $70 in any way relevant to the newsgroups you've
> posted to - it's NZ$93, plus NZ$17 shipping. That's a total of $110 of
> the sort any readers here will be paying - would you mind handing over
> the missing $40 to me so I can order one?
>
> Why don't you either get your information correct or just STFU?

Nice to see that you have said which buck the handle came from. Bucks are
all over the countries of this planet.

Gordon

On 2012-05-27, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 May 2012 23:03:55 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted
> from the highest rooftop:
>
>>On 26/05/2012 5:25 p.m., Possible wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>Yet again you're spamming other people's crap and telling lies in the
>>process. It isn't $70 in any way relevant to the newsgroups you've
>>posted to - it's NZ$93, plus NZ$17 shipping. That's a total of $110 of
>>the sort any readers here will be paying - would you mind handing over
>>the missing $40 to me so I can order one?

> Looks like a great tool for me to be able to use. So I've just
> pre-ordered one of them. My cost in NZD? $`110.02 including
> international shipping.

Gate swinger or conned? Time will tell.

Gordon

On 2012-05-27, ~misfit~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 May 2012 23:03:55 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted
>> from the highest rooftop:
>>
>>> On 26/05/2012 5:25 p.m., Possible wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Yet again you're spamming other people's crap and telling lies in the
>>> process. It isn't $70 in any way relevant to the newsgroups you've
>>> posted to - it's NZ$93, plus NZ$17 shipping. That's a total of $110
>>> of the sort any readers here will be paying - would you mind handing
>>> over the missing $40 to me so I can order one?

>> Looks like a great tool for me to be able to use. So I've just
>> pre-ordered one of them. My cost in NZD? $`110.02 including
>> international shipping.

> Due to my aggresive killfile and snipping by other posters I didn't see the
> link. I'm assuming that it's a derivative of the 'Kinect' system?

Oh wow, chalk please. My kill file is my fingers on the keyboard. People in
the past have moaned about the kill file *not* removing the responses to
postings to thoses one has kill filed.

Yep, the snippings of the posters to this group have not removed the link.

So Shaun, I do suggest you consider what you have done, and whether you wish
to change any settings.

Gordon

On 2012-05-27, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 May 2012 13:30:52 +1200, "~misfit~"
><(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:
>>> On Sat, 26 May 2012 23:03:55 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted
>>> from the highest rooftop:

>>> Looks like a great tool for me to be able to use. So I've just
>>> pre-ordered one of them. My cost in NZD? $`110.02 including
>>> international shipping.

>>Due to my aggresive killfile and snipping by other posters I didn't see the
>>link. I'm assuming that it's a derivative of the 'Kinect' system?

> From the same people, but apparently it's supposed to be a vast
> improvement on the Kinect system. Here are the links from the op:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_d6KuiuteIA
>
> Website:- www.leapmotion.com
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/lea...9#.T77Og7B5HTo
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=MYgsAMKLu7s
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=Kpi6aTv5o68

The mouse and Kinect are about as related as to the first homs Sapien and us
to-day.

Gordon

On 2012-05-26, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 26/05/2012 11:34 p.m., (E-Mail Removed) threw some characters
> down the intarwebs:
>> On Sat, 26 May 2012 23:03:55 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> On 26/05/2012 5:25 p.m., Possible wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Yet again you're spamming other people's crap and telling lies in the
>>> process. It isn't $70 in any way relevant to the newsgroups you've
>>> posted to - it's NZ$93, plus NZ$17 shipping. That's a total of $110 of
>>> the sort any readers here will be paying - would you mind handing over
>>> the missing $40 to me so I can order one?
>>>
>>> Why don't you either get your information correct or just STFU?

>> EMB, I am impressed that you sorted out the shipping cost in $NZ.
>> Since they don't ship until December 2012 / January 2013, can you tell
>> us who you are able to order from wioth fixed shipping costs in $NZ?
>>

> You really do go out of your way to make a complete prat of yourself
> don't you RichBot. The prices are fixed in USD, and EMB was quoting the
> costs at the prevailing exchange rate I would assume.

As the saying goes *assume* makes and ass out of you and me. Pot and kettle
are in a vigourous dissussion as I type.

Gordon

On 2012-05-26, Possible <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 May 2012 09:57:43 +1200, Squiggle <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On 26/05/2012 11:34 p.m., (E-Mail Removed) threw some characters
>>down the intarwebs:

>>> EMB, I am impressed that you sorted out the shipping cost in $NZ.
>>> Since they don't ship until December 2012 / January 2013, can you tell
>>> us who you are able to order from wioth fixed shipping costs in $NZ?
>>>

>>You really do go out of your way to make a complete prat of yourself
>>don't you RichBot. The prices are fixed in USD, and EMB was quoting the
>>costs at the prevailing exchange rate I would assume.

> No its EMB that is the complete prat, nearly all US shops now need
> bank transfers and that has added costs but some shops/companies will
> not ship to New Zealand, for a number of reasons one being US security
> reasons
>
> I found that out recently with some software that I was after, was sold
> here but no longer, but I could not order from the US told that they
> don't deal/ship to NZ.
>
> If it does sell here it will be more like $200nz +++

So the global economy is munted?

Greece, come in please..

Donchano

On 27 May 2012 05:57:14 GMT, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from
the highest rooftop:

>The mouse and Kinect are about as related as to the first homs Sapien and us
>to-day.

Been taking writing lessons from Woger?

John Little

On Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:04:43 AM UTC+12, Robert Cooze wrote:

> It is bad enough when you do have buggered shoulders, even to sit at a
> computer for a hour or so.

I have dodgy shoulders, and have had considerable relief using a bendy keyboard, set far back, and putting an office chair right down so that my forearms rest always on the desk. And, I avoid using a mouse with my right hand, though I suppose my right shoulder is worse than my left.

Regards, John