Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python View Controller for decoupled website architectures?

python View Controller for decoupled website architectures?

Alec Taylor

I'm developing a database (Model Controller) in Python (web2py) that exposes APIs in REST (HTTP)[CSV, XML, JSON] and RPC (XML, JSON).

The client I'm developing in JavaScript to interface with my remote database via its API.

Unfortunately JavaScript is rather troublesome when it comes to managing user-sessions, routing and RBACing templates (e.g.: `if "admin" in user.role: <h1>Caution: you are logged in as admin</h1>`).

Is there a Pythonic way of managing the client-side? - E.g.: Skulpt, Pyjamas or some way of getting web2py views to work with remote calls - If so, can you show me some boilerplate for session control, routing and RBAC templates?

Thanks,

Alec Taylor