Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > installing modules in Enthought Python

installing modules in Enthought Python

Chuck

I just downloaded Enthought Python, free version. I wanted all the
included packages, but I can't seem to find the correct directory to
install new Python modules. Does anybody have an idea? I am trying
to add Universal Feed Parser to Enthought. I have tried C:\Python27,
C:\Python27\Lib, C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages, but no success.

TIA!

Chuck

On May 30, 10:57*am, David Fanning <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Chuck writes:
>
> > I just downloaded Enthought Python, free version. *I wanted all the
> > included packages, but I can't seem to find the correct directory to
> > install new Python modules. *Does anybody have an idea? *I am trying
> > to add Universal Feed Parser to Enthought. *I have tried C:\Python27,
> > C:\Python27\Lib, C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages, but no success.

> I spent most of the day on this problem yesterday. You are
> going to want to get *.exe files that will install in the
> usual way on Windows. I found the packages I was looking
> for at one or the other of these sites:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/wi...nstallation_no
> tes
>
> http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#lxml
>
> Cheers
>
> David
>
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
> Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")

Unfortunately, I couldn't find Universal Feed Parser, the package I
was looking for, but thanks for the tip.