Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JNDI memory leak

JNDI memory leak

Jaydeep Chovatia

Hi,

I have written sample program using JNDI to search attributes in LDAP.
This sample program shows leaks on Linux, however same sample program
works fine on Windows.

Following is my JDK details:
JDK: 1.7 (OpenJDK)

On Linux memory start with 20MB (RES) and it reaches upto 1.2G,
however on Windows it remains 20~25MB throughout.

I was able to find something but unable to conclude
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=6522848

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jaydeep

Arne Vajh°j

On 5/30/2012 6:59 PM, Jaydeep Chovatia wrote:
> I have written sample program using JNDI to search attributes in LDAP.
> This sample program shows leaks on Linux, however same sample program
> works fine on Windows.
>
> Following is my JDK details:
> JDK: 1.7 (OpenJDK)
>
> On Linux memory start with 20MB (RES) and it reaches upto 1.2G,
> however on Windows it remains 20~25MB throughout.
>
> I was able to find something but unable to conclude
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=6522848
>
> Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Could you try with different Java versions (both different
vendor and different version number) and see if it reveals
something.

Arne

Roedy Green

On Wed, 30 May 2012 15:59:32 -0700 (PDT), Jaydeep Chovatia

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/packratting.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Lew

Jaydeep Chovatia wrote:
> I have written sample program using JNDI to search attributes in LDAP.
> This sample program shows leaks on Linux, however same sample program
> works fine on Windows.
>
> Following is my JDK details:
> JDK: 1.7 (OpenJDK)
>
> On Linux memory start with 20MB (RES) and it reaches upto 1.2G,
> however on Windows it remains 20~25MB throughout.
>
> I was able to find something but unable to conclude
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=6522848
>
> Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

It's your program code, in the call to 'FrxClqz#kshtYonm()'.

In other words, data please, preferable as an SSCCE.

http://sscce.org/

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.